hi all in need of a bit of advice the problem is my 12 week old bullx is getting a bit nasty when eating her meat . when you have to take it away or stroke her when eating she reacts bad growling teath out im getting concerned cuz i have toddlers running round the house. i have always from the first day stroked her while eating so i didnt get this problem but now its here how shall i control it many thanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest miller1989

Let her know whos boss mate all about territory,keep the kids a safe distance,one thing i do is make sure i can take the food from her when i want as im boss not her! Its the same as two dogs retriving a fox,its theres and take pride so they may fight with the other dog!

i got little nippers mate and dont want the dog to get agressive [bANNED TEXT] eating i dont want to keep them apart. pluss if a dog attacks me or my family or any human for that that sake its not going to live for long now is :clapper:

Camo, Im 100% with you, Ive got a 10 Wk old pup and she doesnt take kindly to me or anyone else going near her when she's eating her Barf, she's fine with biscuit but meats a different matter in-fact ironic but I gave her a chicken wing this morning and she ran inside with it, so not wanting fresh meat all over the carpet, I tried to get it off her, and she swallowed it whole, no chewing, nothing........slightly concerned this morning as Ive had to leave her as ive got work,

good luck with it, keep us informed how you progress

Craig

You need to get a grip straight away!! Grab it by the scruff of the neck and push its face into the floor, make it yelp and then roll over and be submissive! Its the best way to show who is the boss, do it everytime it grawls, it will soon stop..

And yes you are doing right stroking while eating, and moving food. Dont worry about these saying" well, why move food," sometimes you may have to, and it also part of training a dog, and letting it know who is the alpha male....

Dont feed the face off it! Thats like giving a kid more cholate because he is so spoilt! and wont stop crying so you just give in, no wonder there is somany obbesse kids and dogs in england.

Scruff of the neck pal, i have had it, and seen it work, and most dog men on here will tell you the same thing....

RFL, with you mate, this is one of those situations where the dog needs to be put in it's place....dont need a hiding or owt, but let it know where it is in the pecking order, Ive asserted a pecking order with my pup, by going on all 4's and making her submiss to me, she rolls over onto her back and shows her stomach, job done.

why stroke her or try to take it away when shes eating?

Sometimes it is necessary to food of your, perhaps they are eating something they are not supposed to.

As it was said earlier on the thread, don't let a pup Dominate you. I always make sure i can take food off my Pups.

If one shows Aggression i Grab it by the scruff of the neck and give it a shake. It only takes a couple of times for the Pup to get the message.

You need to get a grip straight away!! Grab it by the scruff of the neck and push its face into the floor, make it yelp and then roll over and be submissive! Its the best way to show who is the boss, do it everytime it grawls, it will soon stop..

And yes you are doing right stroking while eating, and moving food. Dont worry about these saying" well, why move food," sometimes you may have to, and it also part of training a dog, and letting it know who is the alpha male....

Erm .... I have to disagree with you RFYL. That's a very old technique that is now seen as redundant in dog training. Sometimes you have to be firm with you dogs but that kind of thing doesn't show them anything other than that you're a bully. IMO that's a great way to break your bond with your dog. Bear in mind that I used to train my dogs that way, including my wolf x years ago. Since abandoning those methods my bond with my dogs is better and stronger.

A very good, wise dog man said to me once "I'd be more concerned about calling my dog away from it's food than being able to take it's food away from it". I agree 100%.

I also have three young kids in the house. I just make sure I feed mine either in their crates or away from the kids to keep any accidents from happening. If the behavoiur is only happening when you feed raw meat then why antagonise the dog any further by insisting you want to take it's food? :blink: I'd walk by and chuck a few more pieces in thier bowl while their eating, to let them know you're NOT interested in taking their food. If they get cranky when you touch them then, well ffs don't touch them.

If I was eating a plate of my favorite oysters with hot sauce you tried to take it away from me I'd growl at you too. If you grabbed me by the scruff and shoved my face into the floor I'd paste you good and proper.

A dog has a right to it's food mate.

it does have a wright thats correct but when she is older and at a working age how will i gat a rabbit of her if she trys to take my hand of every time. it need rules and cotrol ...my family had a dog for years and we all new dont go near her when she has a bone. it should not be like that