Lift Nets

gollum

( the offer of e-mailed pics rather than posted pics is simply down to me not being computer litirate )

Hi heritage, welcome to the site mate.

Please post the pics, it would be very useful indeed.

To get them on this forum use the "browse" button at the bottom right of the reply page to locate and select your pictures then use the "upload" button to upload them to the site. Then, once you can see them in the attachment drop down field above the "upload" button select the pic and insert it in your text by clicking on the green cross nest to the file name.

Hope that makes sense.

HH.

G.

or email them to gollum and let him post them, most interested

Y.I.S Leeview

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive already been contacted by another forum member on the subject of lift net brackets. i will send the pics on and they will hopefully be posted.if anyone has any queries regarding the production of there own brkts or operation of a liftnet please pm me,pleased to help,if i can!! atb :D

Here are the pictures of the Lift Net brackets Heritage sent me, I will leave it to him to explain the way it works, as I have no idea!

SDC10490.jpg

SDC10499.jpg

SDC10494.jpg

they are very similar to the ones i have exept mine have a twist of wire on each end of the pivot pin to hold the running lines , i took a few pics this weekend ,between showers , i,ll get the missus to put them up

Here are the pictures of the Lift Net brackets Heritage sent me, I will leave it to him to explain the way it works, as I have no idea!

SDC10490.jpg

SDC10499.jpg

SDC10494.jpg

they are very similar to the ones i have exept mine have a twist of wire on each end of the pivot pin to hold the running lines , i took a few pics this weekend ,between showers , i,ll get the missus to put them up

Do you set your poles up Moley & then attach the running lines? Sounds good. What do you use to lift the poles all together?

the first part of the process is to run out the traditional net(minus pegs) the pivoting pegs are then placed forward facing every 5 yards. the foot line is inserted into the catch on the lowest part of the bracket pinning it to the floor ,(before driving the pegs into the ground) the head line is then inserted into a clip or spring at the top of the peg. this process is repeated along the entire length of the net.after manually putting the net into the set position you then add the out-riggers( like fence pins with a d ring at the top) these are generally positioned between every second peg approx 3 yards back from the net.once a suitable anchor point is positioned at the end of the net a cord is run(off a retractable reel) to the first peg," weave" the pullcord from peg to peg to out-rigger( an arial view would look like a saw blade) and continue attaching the pull cord to all items alonc the 50 yard set.once finished take up all the slack pulling the drawer cord tight( this is done from the position you want to activate the net) tie a loop in the line then simply pop it over a spare out-rigger,this lets you know that the net has been sprung.remove the pull cord loop and lie the net down into the flat position, go back to the spare out-rigger and tie another loop,this shows the net as being ready, check and fine tune the set up to ensure everything works ok. fold the net down flat and position the "flat loop" over the spare outrigger. ready to rock!!! after carefully approaching the activation point (spare out rigger) pull the cord so as to position the second" sprung "loop over the out-rigger( indicating the net is now sprung). this is just a brief description of the process, its much easier to understand when its actually done in the field, hope it helps to answer any queries you may have had,atb HERITAGE p.s it is possible to motorise the whole set up but it gives me a headache just thinking about it !!!!!!!

the first part of the process is to run out the traditional net(minus pegs) the pivoting pegs are then placed forward facing every 5 yards. the foot line is inserted into the catch on the lowest part of the bracket pinning it to the floor ,(before driving the pegs into the ground) the head line is then inserted into a clip or spring at the top of the peg. this process is repeated along the entire length of the net.after manually putting the net into the set position you then add the out-riggers( like fence pins with a d ring at the top) these are generally positioned between every second peg approx 3 yards back from the net.once a suitable anchor point is positioned at the end of the net a cord is run(off a retractable reel) to the first peg," weave" the pullcord from peg to peg to out-rigger( an arial view would look like a saw blade) and continue attaching the pull cord to all items alonc the 50 yard set.once finished take up all the slack pulling the drawer cord tight( this is done from the position you want to activate the net) tie a loop in the line then simply pop it over a spare out-rigger,this lets you know that the net has been sprung.remove the pull cord loop and lie the net down into the flat position, go back to the spare out-rigger and tie another loop,this shows the net as being ready, check and fine tune the set up to ensure everything works ok. fold the net down flat and position the "flat loop" over the spare outrigger. ready to rock!!! after carefully approaching the activation point (spare out rigger) pull the cord so as to position the second" sprung "loop over the out-rigger( indicating the net is now sprung). this is just a brief description of the process, its much easier to understand when its actually done in the field, hope it helps to answer any queries you may have had,atb HERITAGE p.s it is possible to motorise the whole set up but it gives me a headache just thinking about it !!!!!!!

Heritage, to which part of the poles, do you attach the pullcord to? The top or bottom

the pullcord is added to the top of the peg, its usually clipped into a brkt or spring of some kind, lifting 100yards takes about 4 or 5 seconds. ive only ever used this set-up twice, both times in a garden situation and both times it caught. its something i wouldnt reccomend buying as it would be very expensive but i would say its worthwhile producing your own. i never had a problem getting the rabbits to cross the net but it was in situ for a week before hand, i generally leave a few offerings around to help tempt the rabbits over. ill try and get a few photos of the net set out fully when possible.it is possible to set the net in a smooth ark ,concave? convex? cant remember wich one but it only works one way due to the way the net sits.atb :D one thing to consider though, rabbits dont always travel the same way back when under pressure!!!

the pullcord is added to the top of the peg, its usually clipped into a brkt or spring of some kind, lifting 100yards takes about 4 or 5 seconds. ive only ever used this set-up twice, both times in a garden situation and both times it caught. its something i wouldnt reccomend buying as it would be very expensive but i would say its worthwhile producing your own. i never had a problem getting the rabbits to cross the net but it was in situ for a week before hand, i generally leave a few offerings around to help tempt the rabbits over. ill try and get a few photos of the net set out fully when possible.it is possible to set the net in a smooth ark ,concave? convex? cant remember wich one but it only works one way due to the way the net sits.atb :D one thing to consider though, rabbits dont always travel the same way back when under pressure!!!

i think heritage has done a very good explination of how the rig works , the only difference with mine is that i use it with a fixed pole set-up , the 9mm poles fit nicely into the pipe at the top , then the bottom running line is wound round the wire spirals on the pivot pins , out riggers are every 3-5 poles

hi moley, glad you liked the explanation,hard to describe really, what do you think about the price of a lift net/drop net system?? would you vote commercially made or home made?? what about the other intrested parties who posted?? a trip to the bank or a trip to b&q?? look forward to reading your replys,ATB HERITAGE :)

hi moley, glad you liked the explanation,hard to describe really, what do you think about the price of a lift net/drop net system?? would you vote commercially made or home made?? what about the other intrested parties who posted?? a trip to the bank or a trip to b&q?? look forward to reading your replys,ATB HERITAGE :)

when i bought mine i had seen it on a video and thought it was the instant cure to a rabbit control problem i was dealing with , so the cost didn,t really apply so i bought the system , the problem was a neighbouring land owner wasn,t allowing me onto his land to control rabbits travelling from his to mine and due to different circumstances other control methods wernt working , so this system was the answer and then i got the go ahead to get the rabbits on the neighbours land , so i didn,t need the lift method after all :wallbash:

it wasn,t cheap , but then theres a fair bit of work involved with making stuff , so you pays the price if your not good with welders etc

im sure that one day a situation will arise where youll have to use a liftnet ,and then youll be glad you bought it,i honestly dont think id have either system if i hadent made my own as i couldnt justify the expense on something that gets so little use, one thing im sure well both agree on though is that its well worth the effort/expense to have one in the armory should it ever be needed,atb HERITAGE :thumbs: