• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 stealthy1

stealthy1

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 15,427 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:01 pm

Here is my HW100, not much of the original gun left, completely reported, my own reg fitted, improved main valve, uprated hammer & spring with friction free glide, recrowned & threaded barrel, my own scratch built silencer, Viper side wheel scope, bipod, Deben lamp, has taken me a week to build not including the trigger work & stock weight reduction, perfoms well at 60 yards in 1/4" groups, head shots on Pigeon Rabbit & Squirrel with no problem at 60s, tested on a calm day,
chrono @ 11.49 ftlbs useing Accupells as I will run at sub 12ftlbs, but as you all know HW100s make for great FAC rifles.
foxon.

Nice gun mate :D

#77 foxon

foxon

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:08 pm

Yes there are some good lads on here and their always happy to help. Its a cracking looking gun and no doubt its tuned to perfection and shoots like a dream. Happy hunting http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... atb bedrock

Your right there Bedrock, the only thing is I am now on a new project, a Daystate LR90 in .22 single shot sub 12ftlbs, they eat air & not consitent enough, so with a bit of work I shall bring her upto date, I do like the early pcps afterall I feel they saved the airgun industry, if we were left with springers I doubt we would be on here now, we would be in our workshops thinking of ways to power our guns without oily springs & p-matics that crushed your fingers.
Atb, foxon.

#78 billbroon

billbroon

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:09 pm

Here is my HW100, not much of the original gun left, completely reported, my own reg fitted, improved main valve, uprated hammer & spring with friction free glide, recrowned & threaded barrel, my own scratch built silencer, Viper side wheel scope, bipod, Deben lamp, has taken me a week to build not including the trigger work & stock weight reduction, perfoms well at 60 yards in 1/4" groups, head shots on Pigeon Rabbit & Squirrel with no problem at 60s, tested on a calm day,
chrono @ 11.49 ftlbs useing Accupells as I will run at sub 12ftlbs, but as you all know HW100s make for great FAC rifles.
foxon.

hi realy nice gun mate, where did u get the paint job on the barrel thats smart. ;)
atb billy

#79 foxon

foxon

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:21 pm

foxon.

hi realy nice gun mate, where did u get the paint job on the barrel thats smart. http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...
atb billy

Hi Billbroon,
This is only the sticky back stuff not that fancy American paint on, I did the whole conversion on a budget, but the desired finish is not bad, it's a bit fiddely but while the gun was striped it made it easier to wrap around the barrel, looks good when pokeing through hedgerow, I had enough left to do the cylinder but I thought it would be a bit ott
foxon.

#80 billbroon

billbroon

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:30 pm

Was it the plastic coated tape or the fabric stuff. thanks billy

#81 foxon

foxon

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:40 pm

Was it the plastic coated tape or the fabric stuff. thanks billy

Hi, this is the plastic coated stuff, you can get from any RFDs or ebay.
foxon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users