hope you get off lightly with it mate

i bought a s200 a few months back, asked the bloke what it was running at he told me it was around 11.5

as soon as i had some spare cash i bought a chrono for peace of mind, 1st couple of shots bang on 11.5 but once it hit the sweet spot it was over 14lbs so i lowered it and had a tweeky mod fited to make sure its got a flatter curve rather than risk the odd shot getting a bit close

hope you get off lightly with it mate

i bought a s200 a few months back, asked the bloke what it was running at he told me it was around 11.5

as soon as i had some spare cash i bought a chrono for peace of mind, 1st couple of shots bang on 11.5 but once it hit the sweet spot it was over 14lbs so i lowered it and had a tweeky mod fited to make sure its got a flatter curve rather than risk the odd shot getting a bit close

i was not court eny were with it they came to my house to check my lurchers and ter with the rspb for suspecked diging they all so took my terrery colers and some books eg david harcom book badger diging

you were stopped then it was in ur house :hmm::hmm:

If the Police feel you were involved in an illegal activity like Badger digging they need proof, but when the the Police are looking into one they normaly find another your air rifle, when they seized your air rifle did they also take the pellets that you use in it, as this can help if they keep the rifle under 12ftlb, as the Police normaly test fire 5 different types of pellet for chronograph from their own stock + the pellets they would seize. Rule of thumb always check your rifle with a Chrono, they can be bought for as little as £30 from Gunmart ads or your local RFD, it will give you peace of mind & keep you from looking over your shoulder, if you look at the number of pellets on the market now in different weights & chokes you can see why some will put you over the limit & others under, Bisley Magnums have put many rifles over & the Korean pellets under, you have to be ever mindful as the Police are hell bent getting our sport out of our hands, it's upto us to protect it. keep at the Officer in charge show him you are a senscible trustworthy Airgunner & you would like a second oppinon via your nominated RFD as to the Chronograph check on your AA S410.

Best of British to you,

Foxon.

If the Police feel you were involved in an illegal activity like Badger digging they need proof, but when the the Police are looking into one they normaly find another your air rifle, when they seized your air rifle did they also take the pellets that you use in it, as this can help if they keep the rifle under 12ftlb, as the Police normaly test fire 5 different types of pellet for chronograph from their own stock + the pellets they would seize. Rule of thumb always check your rifle with a Chrono, they can be bought for as little as £30 from Gunmart ads or your local RFD, it will give you peace of mind & keep you from looking over your shoulder, if you look at the number of pellets on the market now in different weights & chokes you can see why some will put you over the limit & others under, Bisley Magnums have put many rifles over & the Korean pellets under, you have to be ever mindful as the Police are hell bent getting our sport out of our hands, it's upto us to protect it. keep at the Officer in charge show him you are a senscible trustworthy Airgunner & you would like a second oppinon via your nominated RFD as to the Chronograph check on your AA S410.

Best of British to you,

Foxon.

It doesn't matter what pellets you use, the gun must not be capable of exceeding 12ftlb with any pellet..

Sounds like they have had it tested @ a local Range or Gun Shop with Pellets Found

Which they will often do before sending it off for a Full test

Which I am advised is around £700 these day's

And Police being skint - they need a real reason to send it off for testing

Possiblity - they will offer you the chance to surrender Gun for Destruction

Which seems to be the norm these day's

If you opt against it they will push for full testing and possible prosecution

Believe if visiting a House / Location and see Air Guns any Guns without license

They can take them away for testing

Especially as most Police threaten to arrest you if you fail to let them

Have herd of Shooters refusing - Especially if a Member of BASC - and

who phoned BASC while the Police are there -

But also have herd of the Police then getting the guy - bang to rights @ a later date

Also herd of them returning for a Full Search - on finding one and believe their could be more on property

Depends how much they get wound up these day's

Best of Luck

BOB/R

hi this is just a tip for airgunners and what i do everytime i go out shooting is inform the police where you will be shooting and what time etc then if you are stopped you can give the officer a ref number and show your permission form and its puts you in good step with the officer and they normally let you go on way and plus it stops any armed police coming out

Best of British to you,

Foxon.

It doesn't matter what pellets you use, the gun must not be capable of exceeding 12ftlb with any pellet..

so what pellets keep the guns nuder 12fp then can you tell us that

Best of British to you,

Foxon.

Chap ..the specific size of any pellet (how tight it is down the barrel) and the weight of the pellet will have a smallish effect on the ft lb at the muzzle...but NO PELLET will keep a gun under 12ft lb, the gun must be adjusted to be under 12ft lb with ANY PELLET!!

Best of British to you,

Foxon.

If an air rifle is running over say on a Bisley Magnum .22 @21.29 grains in the 12 to 13 ftlbs range & fire say

a Hustler Needle Point .22 @12.3 grains you will find the power in the sub 12 ftlb range.

I have carried out 100s of different tests through as many types of rifles with 30 different pellet brands & weight, there are so many manufactures of rifles with their own chokes to suit their pellet, we could talk about this allday, but there is no safe pellet if the gun you are useing is a bit healthy, but if you are willing to re skirt your pellets to fit your guns choke better you will see the difference, same as washing & lubeing a batch of your favourite pellets before use.

Atb, foxon.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for all the advice lads will keep you post got told they some time give you gun back but it has to get sent to dealer to get modified so it can not be ternerd up if i was going to tern the gun up i would not tern it up bi just 1 pound so abit of advice if you bi a gun dont take the word of the person you bi it off

thanks for all the advice lads will keep you post got told they some time give you gun back but it has to get sent to dealer to get modified so it can not be ternerd up if i was going to tern the gun up i would not tern it up bi just 1 pound so abit of advice if you bi a gun dont take the word of the person you bi it off

I would not bank on it, if your rifle is over the limit the Police will destroy it, I have never known any force to give a rifle back unless they were at fault with a miss reading. All you can do is show that you are a responsible Person & this incident will not be repeated in the future. Make sure they have not put you on a Firearms Ban before you start looking for another rifle, the Firearms Ban will be issued in Court for this type of offence & is Life Long.

Atb, foxon.