imprint spar "Missy"

MARKR1985

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she,s doing well there eh fella...cracker...darrell.

she's making a good dent on the magpie population around here.We settled for a jackdaw today.Last week she missed a magpie and tried her luck on a heron!!! I think she realised pretty quickly she was out of her depth and pulled out!!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't really believe I'm writing this but yesterday Missy was killed by two of my ferrets while she was on the lawn weathering. By the time I got to her she was dead.How the ferrets got out I dont know as I had shut them in hours before.

I am comletely gutted that this awesome little bird never got to show her true potential. I put my all into this hawk and it was truly paying off. That's it for me I won't be flying anything this season now as I dont think much can compare to her.

I'll just say thanks again to all the help and encouragement I've had from people off here and especially my cousin Gary(pco)

Good luck to everybody this season with your birds.

Cheers

Mark

Can't really believe I'm writing this but yesterday Missy was killed by two of my ferrets while she was on the lawn weathering. By the time I got to her she was dead.How the ferrets got out I dont know as I had shut them in hours before.

I am comletely gutted that this awesome little bird never got to show her true potential. I put my all into this hawk and it was truly paying off. That's it for me I won't be flying anything this season now as I dont think much can compare to her.

I'll just say thanks again to all the help and encouragement I've had from people off here and especially my cousin Gary(pco)

Cheers

Mark

gutted for you [bANNED TEXT]!

Cheers

Mark

gutted for you [bANNED TEXT]!

sorry to hear mate , if you want you can fly my male goshawk till late december, early january if you want to fly something as im flying the male and female goss at the moment and as the night is drawing in wont have time to fly both pm me mate all the male needs is a tail lol hes missing 2 decks and the 2 next to the decks but still flys and gives chase on anything that moves

mark am f*****g gutted for you fella ,you and the bird were going great guns...what a sad loss..get straight back into it mark if ya can mate..allllllllllllllll the very best..darrell.

Cheers mate, I'm going to be flying Dafydd23's male gos until around christmas time,so i'm looking forward to picking him up on friday. THANKS DAF YOUR A STAR!! :notworthy:

I've been sat over the last few days just twiddling my thumbs not knowing what to do with myself!! I don't think I could give it up if you paid me :tongue2: Missy was a cracking hawk though! and it was a pleasure to train and fly her. The kids are still devastated,but they will be just the same with the gos

Mark,

I really feel for you. The work you put into the bird was first class, was really looking forward to see her fly @ Woodcock. They will still be there next year though.

TC

Edited by tiercel
Mark,

I really feel for you. The work you put into the bird was first class, was really looking forward to see her fly @ Woodcock. They will still be there next year though.

TC

Thanks mate,I will be flying dafydds gos for a few months as of friday but I will 99% be training another imprint spar next year,I am already missing it!

• 4 weeks later...