imprint spar "Missy"

MARKR1985

Bloody spot on!! I will pop down whenevers convenient for you mate! I was going to ask you anyway to give me a hand lol. I will pay you for the leather if youve got some.

Mark this is a little set up I used for a good few years on the little hawks like Spars and Merlins, Its a simular set up to what Gary pointed out but sometimes them Barrel type fishing swivels have a habit of snapping, its never happend to me but I have heard about this happening...

All I use is a small swivel with a seas fishing clip used in a Boom Paternoster rig, you can get them for about 99p from fishing shops, it works on the same method slotting in a small punch hole of the jesses but pretty secure, the eyelets used too are the sail type with the 4.5Mil diameter and backing washer! you can use the Crimp type which do the trick but does seem less secure than the small sail type....

If you want some pm me your addy and I'll bang some off to you in the post.....

By the way the picture are in Macro so it looks alot bigger than it really is, beleive the swivel and clips is tiny and virtualy weight less

Jasper

post-251-1247830224_thumb.jpg

post-251-1247830240_thumb.jpg

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody spot on!! I will pop down whenevers convenient for you mate! I was going to ask you anyway to give me a hand lol. I will pay you for the leather if youve got some.

Mark this is a little set up I used for a good few years on the little hawks like Spars and Merlins, Its a simular set up to what Gary pointed out but sometimes them Barrel type fishing swivels have a habit of snapping, its never happend to me but I have heard about this happening...

All I use is a small swivel with a seas fishing clip used in a Boom Paternoster rig, you can get them for about 99p from fishing shops, it works on the same method slotting in a small punch hole of the jesses but pretty secure, the eyelets used too are the sail type with the 4.5Mil diameter and backing washer! you can use the Crimp type which do the trick but does seem less secure than the small sail type....

If you want some pm me your addy and I'll bang some off to you in the post.....

By the way the picture are in Macro so it looks alot bigger than it really is, beleive the swivel and clips is tiny and virtualy weight less

Jasper

Thanks mate :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by MARKR1985
No change really today,her appetite is down considerably

what are you feeding her?

lloyd has fitted anklets and jesses now :D took her out on t' fist for first time today :clapper: she loved it

She is on prime quail, pigeon etc ;) ;) Also raptor essentials

A lot better today.Been sat on the fist a few times,plenty more flapping, jumping, shi tting and sleeping lol.

had her stood properly on the scales today 10 3/4 oz

shes looking good mate , mine is coming on really well now :)

So is yours mate. What is she like? This one is bloody bombproof so far.I'm really chuffed with her to be honest