cleaning scope lenses

its just that i read somewhere that you should never wipe the lens dry,as it can remove the coating,and to give it a wipe over in the feild with the cloth provided with the scope would be wiping it dry,was just wondering what type of fluid lads use

Lenspen, definately the best method. One thing to be aware is that glass doesn't like grit, so before you go rubbing make sure to blow or brush any grit out of the lens or you'll end up scratching the glass.

does the lens pen remove those little smudges/rain drops or is it just for grit end dust etc.

OK the kit I have is Lenspen Hunter Pro Kit. Cleans up my scopes, bins and laser rangefinder very well indeed :yes:

In reality all you need is one lenspen itself, save yourself a bit of money. I only use the small lenspen for the laser glass on my rangefinder, I've never used the solution or the little cloth on anything.

Just remember about the grit/sand.

cheers for that mate much appreciated,very helpful as always

OK the kit I have is Lenspen Hunter Pro Kit. Cleans up my scopes, bins and laser rangefinder very well indeed :yes:

In reality all you need is one lenspen itself, save yourself a bit of money. I only use the small lenspen for the laser glass on my rangefinder, I've never used the solution or the little cloth on anything.

Just remember about the grit/sand.

cheers for that mate much appreciated,very helpful as always

yeah i forgot about the grit and sand , i'll never forget about it again though b@stard scratches :(

Edited by mushroom