• bsa supersport xl
    • air arms pro sport
    • air arms tx200
    • theoben evolution
    • webley vulcan
    • bsa meteor
    • hw 80(k)
    • hw77(k)

please dont get angry! :cry: its just one last ultimate poll to help me make the most important choice so far in me life :angel: . which one, i have handled all and the ultra comes first, with the s400 following close second and the s200 closely last. all felt good but i havent had a chance to see how the perform. the ultras pathetic shot rate is a major draw back as i do not have a dive shop near me and i can afford a pump. so that gives the Air Arms lot a imediate advantage. yet the ultra handles better for me.

whats you views?

cheers aaron :victory:

edited to say:

if you have another suggestion for a single shot pcp then it has to be between 350 and 400 or lower.

Best single shot Pro Hunter with large reservoir & full power has to be the Logun Gemini or Axsor, built to a very high standard in Sweden with proven technology & realiability, superb bolt & barrel, unbeatable accuracy to 50 yards in it's price range, can be found S/H £400 ish.

foxon.

I do miss my Logun Axsor, I see it still up there in the shop after I traded it in against my AA S410. I do agree though, the Axsor is a superior gun in build quality terms, a super smooth faultless bolt action. It was just a little too long for me, that's the only reason I traded it in. But I have recently shot with a AA S200 and it was a cracking little rifle and a hard one to beat in my opinion.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has to be new, not S/H.

Why?

I've shot my mates Rapid John, MK2. I had a chance of buying the full kit for 500 but you snooze you loose and all that... I can't remember If It was the 12 or 7 but whilst It was nice I wouldn't say It was that good. Especially when they cost that much :o I'll stick with my stealth and S400 ;)

please dont get angry! :cry: its just one last ultimate poll to help me make the most important choice so far in me life :angel: . which one, i have handled all and the ultra comes first, with the s400 following close second and the s200 closely last. all felt good but i havent had a chance to see how the perform. the ultras pathetic shot rate is a major draw back as i do not have a dive shop near me and i can afford a pump. so that gives the Air Arms lot a imediate advantage. yet the ultra handles better for me.

whats you views?

cheers aaron :victory:

edited to say:

if you have another suggestion for a single shot pcp then it has to be between 350 and 400 or lower.

Best single shot Pro Hunter with large reservoir & full power has to be the Logun Gemini or Axsor, built to a very high standard in Sweden with proven technology & realiability, superb bolt & barrel, unbeatable accuracy to 50 yards in it's price range, can be found S/H £400 ish.

foxon.

£400 for a second hand axsor dont think so my old fruit around £250 / £300

has to be new, not S/H.

The best new single shot pcp rifle has to be the Benjamin Discovery, superb hardwood stock & finish, ulta light weight,

well machined action & breech, the cocking bolt locks superbly into breech face, barrel is ideal length for long shots, the Americans run these at 25ftlbs for Turkey shoots, but the British model runs at 11.16 ftlbs +-, make a great Field Hunter you could carry these for hours & not feel the strain. Can be found in some RFDs for as little as £275 new + they run on dual fuel.

foxon.

post-37006-1247769821.jpg

Guest Scuba1

Could we just vote to keep this poll at a 50/50 rate. It just looks so much nicer. another thing is, Aaron you know, by the time you actually get round to buying a gun in the future, there will be pocket sized lasers and particle beam beam guns the size and weight of a remote control on the market and you'll be starting polls about what colour laser beam is the most accurate for hunting bumble bees.

ATB

Michael

Edited by Scuba1
its just i never really looked at the scorpio and it's cheaper than i expected and its got me wonderin about wich gun to get. again!

Its really just up to you aaron, see which one fits you best and is most convinient for you.

Raiderboy

Edited by RaiderBoy
its just i never really looked at the scorpio and it's cheaper than i expected and its got me wonderin about wich gun to get. again!

Hey Aaron,

just a though.... surely if its such a tough decision as to which one to go for.... then maybe they're BOTH good guns and you can't really go wrong?

I agree with everyone elses comments, just try them both and decide which YOU like best.

Quite often you'll find people are still shooting with 20/30 year old guns (not just air rifle shooting) and they won't change coz the gun suits them so well. Also you'll find someone with the dogs balls, £1000+ gun, who can't hit the arse end of an elephant with it. The gun isn't the most important thing in the equation.

Just my opinion....