prices for pest control part 2

Hi guys thanks for all your help on my last topic...

one more thing..... for this pest control job, i am planning to start shooting early morn / eve then move on to lamping, then ferret in winter as one of the pasts suggested but i dont have a 4x4 vehicle for lamping work ( i snapped the chassis of my isuzu trooper!)

what sort of average numbers do you guys generally get lamping on foot?

or if there is anyone in cornwall that has a 4x4 that fancies a few nights out then let me know.

cheers, langouroux.

Hi guys thanks for all your help on my last topic...

one more thing..... for this pest control job, i am planning to start shooting early morn / eve then move on to lamping, then ferret in winter as one of the pasts suggested but i dont have a 4x4 vehicle for lamping work ( i snapped the chassis of my isuzu trooper!)

what sort of average numbers do you guys generally get lamping on foot?

or if there is anyone in cornwall that has a 4x4 that fancies a few nights out then let me know.

cheers, langouroux.

i go lamping on foot when out on my own, can not be bothered trying to drive, hold lamp and gun out of a window, then the rabbit runs just to the left of the a pillar.

so im looking for a series rag top and folding front window.......... sorted!

until then

lamping on foot is fine.......... unless you want the bag for the frezer.

didnt you say its a golf course? should be fine for a car with right tyres.

steyr

when i shot on a golf course years ago the owner loaned us one of their tractors, the tractor had the right tyres to avoid damage to the fairways and the rabbits where used to seeing it coming and going and didnt get too bothered. might be worth asking if you get permission on the nearby golf course.

keith

OK i have spoken to the guy and it is only 5 acres, he has a plant nursery and put down £500 of baby plants and the rabbits hammered them in a few days! he wants them shot asap, and is willing to pay per rabbit! he says that at 6am you can barely see the main lawn for the little blighters! :angry:

how much should i charge? :D

anyway i have been to see the guy... its an awesome setting long drive way massive house and pristine lawns with a few rough fields as well, he says there is never less than 60 on the lawn every morning! i said i didn't want any money but if he wanted to contribute towards fuel and amm etc then i would be gratefull, he then said "no i'll be paying you per rabbit mate" to which i s said ok how does 50p per rabbit shot sound! he said " i think a pound a rabbit sounds a lot better and a bonus at the end as well"

time to get serious with these long ear'd sorts dont you think!

anyway i have been to see the guy... its an awesome setting long drive way massive house and pristine lawns with a few rough fields as well, he says there is never less than 60 on the lawn every morning! i said i didn't want any money but if he wanted to contribute towards fuel and amm etc then i would be gratefull, he then said "no i'll be paying you per rabbit mate" to which i s said ok how does 50p per rabbit shot sound! he said " i think a pound a rabbit sounds a lot better and a bonus at the end as well"

Sounds nice mate but will he still be saying that if your hitting big numbers ?

...lamping from a motor on 5 acres, £1 each shot plus bonus, 60 plus on the lawn but it is pristine......definately time to get serious with something....!!!

ATB :hmm:

...lamping from a motor on 5 acres, £1 each shot plus bonus, 60 plus on the lawn but it is pristine......definately time to get serious with something....!!!

no not from a motor! i was just wondering what size sort of acreage people do start to use a 4x4 or quad etc. :D

no not from a motor! i was just wondering what size sort of acreage people do start to use a 4x4 or quad etc. :D

and i didnt mean ht rlawn was pristine.....obviously not with that amount of rabbits, i meant the surroundings its ina beautifull part of cornwall. get me?

and i didnt mean ht rlawn was pristine.....obviously not with that amount of rabbits, i meant the surroundings its ina beautifull part of cornwall. get me?

Me thinks its time to stop talking and start shooting, at £1 a bunny plus a bonus and that many, I suggest you get on with it. I can also get between £1 & £3 per bunny from Game dealers round here so if you have any problems give me a shout and I'll come and do the job for you..!!! :hmm::thumbs:

Me thinks its time to stop talking and start shooting, at £1 a bunny plus a bonus and that many, I suggest you get on with it. I can also get between £1 & £3 per bunny from Game dealers round here so if you have any problems give me a shout and I'll come and do the job for you..!!! :hmm::thumbs:

yep my game dealer has agreeed to £1 for big rabbits, i start next weekend so i'll put up soem picks of how i get on. peace my fellow bunny bashers!