new mh

hawk1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how much do hawks go for >>? and have u got to put any real hard traning into been thinking of getting 1 but dnt no any thing about um so wud appreciate sum advie please

hi mate price for harris average for a male 250-275 female 300-350 too cheap if you ask me .. as for training its not rocket science but does take alot of time and effort the more you put in the more you get out of it .finding a mentor would be your first port of call nothing like good hands on experience even volunteer at a local bop centre .. falconry is the best move i have ever made and made alot of good friends from it too

atb steven

very nice bird mate

id love to own 1 bur seen the price ov the tracking eqwipment and thourt otherwise atb

taffyboi

ive never used telemetry up until this year im going to buy a set shortly .been alot of second hand ones for sale recently going for a couple of hundred quid well worth the money.

I never used telemetry when i first started as it would have cost me about 5 years worth of pocket money at the time! lol saying that you only have to use it once to get your bird back and its paid for itself there and then, wouldnt let any of my birds loose now without a tag on, doesnt matter how good a falconer you are or how reliable the bird is you will loose it eventually and the telemetry is your insurance policy, my advice to anyone starting out who mights struggle to afford a full set is to even just buy a transmitter that way worst case scenario you can borrow a receiver should the worst happen untill you can afford your own.

Foxy

I never used telemetry when i first started as it would have cost me about 5 years worth of pocket money at the time! lol saying that you only have to use it once to get your bird back and its paid for itself there and then, wouldnt let any of my birds loose now without a tag on, doesnt matter how good a falconer you are or how reliable the bird is you will loose it eventually and the telemetry is your insurance policy, my advice to anyone starting out who mights struggle to afford a full set is to even just buy a transmitter that way worst case scenario you can borrow a receiver should the worst happen untill you can afford your own.

Foxy

cant agree more billy nothing worse than see your bird take one last look at you then bugger off lol.. this year i am taking no chances especialy with the red hes getting a bit of a head on himself . what kind of telem do you recomend billy been looking at a full set up from ben long .