12 months foxing?

right, i know i am going to be blasted to the rear end of this pole, but i am up to 17 this year and i bought my steyr 223 in septmeber at the midland game fair, so i still have a couple of months to go .............

so who's at the top?

game keepers included but in a separate pole (u lucky buggers) as us poor gits have to work and do this as a hobbie.

so 17 the start!

(going by u turkey farm guys, i expect 3 figures)

steyr

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're on 27 for the year (starting 1st march), there have been a lot of cubs about this year in places where you can see them easily but saying that we only did about 30 total last year, most years we are over 100. I think the best was somewhere just over 160 4 years ago but we have plenty of places to go on, all are either lamped or morning/evening stalking. We're both keepers.

I used a gun a few years back ,and unless your a keeper or someone protecting stock or gamebirds,i find this no sport at all.

To hunt them with a dog you feel you have outwitted them more and the challenge is better,i remember letting my son shoot one or two from the van we were in when calling them,he was only six and the fox remains right where you shoot it,no chase or fair sport for me,i think there are a lot of gun happy people out there,defenitely not hunters.

I used a gun a few years back ,and unless your a keeper or someone protecting stock or gamebirds,i find this no sport at all.

To hunt them with a dog you feel you have outwitted them more and the challenge is better,i remember letting my son shoot one or two from the van we were in when calling them,he was only six and the fox remains right where you shoot it,no chase or fair sport for me,i think there are a lot of gun happy people out there,defenitely not hunters.

I'm not a big fan of killing for the hell of it at all - if Charlie is for the chop, it's because a landowner wants him dead, the end, really.

dont know why you wrote this here.......... i didnt ask.

i am sure there is a thread on the right and wrongs of "hunting" with guns, dogs, bow and arrow. best u look for that.

i hope u enjoy your "hunting" as much as i enjoy my vermin control.

Oh and what i call hunting, is taking my 270 to SA and tracking an animal for a few hours then releasing the lead and wacthing the animal "fall right where you shot it", theres nothing worse than having to call the dogs in to track it down, much preffer a clean quick kill.

and then a few beers to cool down, while the tracker prepairs the meat for the Braai.

but hey thats my opinion! which i normally keep to myself.

dont know why you wrote this here.......... i didnt ask.

i am sure there is a thread on the right and wrongs of "hunting" with guns, dogs, bow and arrow. best u look for that.

i hope u enjoy your "hunting" as much as i enjoy my vermin control.

Oh and what i call hunting, is taking my 270 to SA and tracking an animal for a few hours then releasing the lead and wacthing the animal "fall right where you shot it", theres nothing worse than having to call the dogs in to track it down, much preffer a clean quick kill.

and then a few beers to cool down, while the tracker prepairs the meat for the Braai.

but hey thats my opinion! which i normally keep to myself.

yes mate! i shot a impala in SA witha remington .270 what an experince! the after hunt beer and braai mixed with an african sunset is not to be missed.