new arrival

Foxy09

Couple of pics of my latest arrival, my female Perexsaker, collected her from Rob (ayrshire taxidermy) last night and she sat good as gold on the cadge on the way home, bit of hood training today which has went well, only a couple of tantrums.

DSCF2175.jpg

DSCF2172.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update for those that may be interested, Nina went free at the start of the week and has done well, been giving her some time the last couple of days to stretch her wings before showing her the lure, she gave me three passes today before i served her it in the air which she took in good style, starting to bring her weight up a little now.

DSCF2247.jpg

DSCF2220.jpg

How's she doing now?

Im just back from Holiday mate so she's had a weeks gap in her training, she was giving me half a dozen passes to the lure before i left though so hopefully pick up from where we left off after a few days to get back in the swing of things

• 3 weeks later...
Thats a really stunning falcon.

Keep us updated on how she's going please.

ta

Ian

Thanks mate, just working on her fitness at the moment, stooping her to the lure, wont be to long until shes on a dragged crow then the real thing.

Foxy

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update, been working on fitness the past few weeks and its gone quite well, initially she would only pass the lure half a dozen times then either pitch or fly around half heartedly untill she was served, so have been letting her build up some muscle just flying and playing in the wind before stooping her at the end of her session a few times slowly increasing as i went along, and she's now doing around 15 good hard passes before being served, she has twice chased crows while having a fly around, the second time was yesterday where i actually thought she was going to take it, putting in two good stoops but being beaten to cover, so today i showed her a dead rook for the first time, let her take it in the air and gave her a feed up on it, she'll probably be to high tomorrow but ill see if i can find her an easy slip or two in the next couple of days, flew her at 2lb today, the highest yet.

DSCF3056.jpg

DSCF3058.jpg