Now Thats What I Call Terrierwork II

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought it was a good read. theres not much decent reads out there these days when it comes to lurchers terriers coursing lamping ect so we should be pulling together not ripping apart when a new book does come out. plummer wrote stacks of books with stories stolen off genuine dog lads and made out to be his own. at least darcy isnt doing that he gives people the chance to write their stories for themselvs and see their work in print. when you slag him your slagging those lads who took time to pen their tales cos his last 2 terrier books have all been collections of articles. if you dont like it and hes said ok i give you your money back and your still moaning have a word with yourself man :blink:

Well done you have with the help of a couple of friends managed to divert your own incapability to accept even minor criticism.What an ego you must have

I'm not his friend! :blink:

But I do like to show a liar up!

Have a word with JD about lies.Hes just admitted to writing them in his books.Im sorry to disapoint but I stand by what ive already said.I have never sold a dog through this site.Bought yes and been very happy with my purchases which is more than I can say for the f-----g NHS neck supports you sell for collars.Only kidding but really they are shit.
threbb each to there own but i enjoy his books, and no some of the LADS AND DOGS IN THEM, dig deep was the best in my eyes and i havent got it brouhgt it for father inlaw but not me :oops: so if you u got a copy ill have it lol
PM me your address and you can have it mate.Books are for reading not selling on at a profit.Only trouble is I,ll have to find something else to wedge under the kitchen table. Hope that helps.
I shall look forward to mine, IMO Darcys books would be improved if he paid Frain to illustrate them. threbb you do sound bitter fella.........
Im bitter, twisted and British.Whats wrong with that?
Well done you have with the help of a couple of friends managed to divert your own incapability to accept even minor criticism.What an ego you must have

I'm not his friend! :blink:

But I do like to show a liar up!

Have a word with JD about lies.Hes just admitted to writing them in his books.Im sorry to disapoint but I stand by what ive already said.I have never sold a dog through this site.Bought yes and been very happy with my purchases which is more than I can say for the f-----g NHS neck supports you sell for collars.Only kidding but really they are shit.

The 2 posts of yours that I've linked to are 2 ads on here with you selling dogs.

How does the design or quality of my collars make you any less of a liar?

I wubs Darcy, leave him alone you nasty boy.

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

is the whole book fact based jd ,i read the book you wrote on taking deer ,i enjoyed it apart from the 2 times you came to ireland the events you wrote about didnt exactly happen as you told them

Scent. I wrote what the legal constraints would allow.

No lies were told about what dog did what. That's all i can say really. Of course, i do not know what you "Have heard", but please be aware it may not be the truth for there are obviously people out there that like to cause trouble and will lie to do so.

For the record, there were three of us out on those trips, and we all know the truth...

As i say in the front of all my books these days :

"Many of the Names and circumstances are totally ficticious and bear no resemblance to people or places, past or present."

If i have ever mis-lead anyone i do apologise, but at the end of the day i have had to change certain things to stay within the constraints of the law....Only a fool would grass themselves up. I am sure you understand where i am coming from.

At the end of the day, they are just bits of paper and ink...nothing more... ;)

Good Hunting JD

So lets get this straight.You have lied in the books because you have been breaking the law.

When you apologize for " mis-leading people" does that include all future books aswell."At the end of the day they are just bits of paper and ink...nothing more" Youve hit the nail on the head there mate. I thought it was a load of crap and now youve confirmed it.Perhaps they should be called "now thats what I call a made up story" and dont thank me for bumping it up for you.Youve kept it up for long enough mate.Its time you come clean.

But aren't these "Now That's What I Call....." books written by others, much in the same way that the Working Terrier Yearbooks were? A compendium of authors articles if you like

So if you think the writing is shit then that's a claim that can be levelled at the writers?