No more stalking

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This chap says he has not received many emails regarding the Wildlife bill and would like to here from anyone that is against it.

steven.macgregor@scotland.gsi.gov.uk

please send him an email get heard don't just talk on this board tell him how you really feel about what is going on.

I have emailed two or three times to clarify some of the points raised on this board and i have made him aware that this thread is running along with the poll running pinned to the deer management section of THL and he does email you back with answers but on some things he has got to consult DCS I am awaiting his reply to my last few questions but he has told me he would rather wait until after his meeting with DCS so that he can put the questions to them before answering , I will post his reply......

If you do not send him an email he will think that there are only a few people that oppose this part of the reform ,It would then be passed to the lords for approval and it will sail through then the DCS will be swallowed up by The Scottish Herratige and we will be stuck with the reformed bill .

The government will suffer at the next ellection if this bill is approved in its present form because could you imagine the outrage if some members of the public (who now have the right to roam) were to see stags acompanied by hinds and calfs being hearded across our scottish countryside by 4x4 vehicles towards a line of guns and slaughtered without an ounce of dignity or respect and as for safety well.....that would be in the hands of the gods...

Edited by Night Hunter

here's the email response i got....

Mr #######

Thank you for your comments on the deer proposals within the Wildlife & Natural Environment Bill – see link below to full consultation on the draft bill.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Environm.../WildNatEnvBill

With regard to the fatalities referred to in the consultation, this was indeed incorrect and based on information supplied by the Deer Commission for Scotland – DCS has commented as below:

“DCS apologises if the text in the consultation was in anyway misleading. This was not our intention. However, it is important to not lose sight of the fact that three people were killed by rifles. In addition to these officially reported cases it is important to consider the impact of reports in the media of sporting accidents that have resulted in injury or near misses. Allaying the public’s perceptions of the use of rifles, particularly in areas closer to our towns, is required if we are to meet the challenge of managing deer, particularly with regard to the roe population in central belt Scotland.

Whilst no one would dispute the vital importance of maintaining public safety it is only one part of the evidence base developed through the consultation. The proposals also look to better secure animal welfare and food safety. The three elements taken together make up what it means to be competent to deliver a confident modern deer stalking sector.

The demonstration of competence to kill deer can only help but assure the public that stalking can be carried out safely and humanely.â€

However we would welcome your response to the consultation which should be sent to the e mail address below. Can I also ask you to ensure you complete the respondee information form.

wildlifebill@scotland.gsi.gov.uk

Regards

Andrew

ANDREW L TAYLOR

Scottish Government Rural Directorate

Landscape & Habitats - Species Management

Area 1A (North) - VQ

Tel: 0131 244 6115

GTN 7188 46115

just to see if it matches what everyone else is getting...????

What a crap answer and he should be ashamed of him self Deerstalking is with out doubt the safest sport that is carried out on this island more people have died playing snooker than out deerstalking what it should do is rally all shooters as this is now aimed clearly at them and with out doubt will now fall on there lap. Target shooting and foxing lamping will now be looked at under the micro scope and i can tell you if it will bring in revenue or create jobs for quangos god help us all.

heres the most recent reply i got it apears that anyone who has dcs1+2 will have to sit this new test but will not require the training ,i bet the test will have a fee and also there will be a further fee to go on the register

Dear Mr Smith

Thank you for your query.

Under the current proposals the requirements on competence are likely to be similar to the DMQ Ltd Deer Stalking Certificates although we are currently developing the detail on this. Anyone who had already acquired sufficient training and skills would not be required to undergo training unnecessarily – they would only have to undergo an assessment and have their name placed on the register of those fit and competent to shoot deer.

With regard to the fatalities referred to in the consultation, this was indeed incorrect and based on information supplied by the Deer Commission for Scotland. DCS has commented publicly as below:

“DCS apologises if the text in the consultation was in anyway misleading. This was not our intention. However, it is important to not lose sight of the fact that three people were killed by rifles. In addition to these officially reported cases it is important to consider the impact of reports in the media of sporting accidents that have resulted in injury or near misses. Allaying the public’s perceptions of the use of rifles, particularly in areas closer to our towns, is required if we are to meet the challenge of managing deer, particularly with regard to the roe population in central belt Scotland.

Whilst no one would dispute the vital importance of maintaining public safety it is only one part of the evidence base developed through the consultation. The proposals also look to better secure animal welfare and food safety. The three elements taken together make up what it means to be competent to deliver a confident modern deer stalking sector.

The demonstration of competence to kill deer can only help but assure the public that stalking can be carried out safely and humanely.â€

Regards

Andrew

ANDREW L TAYLOR

Scottish Government Rural Directorate

Landscape & Habitats - Species Management

Area 1A - VQ

Tel: 0131 244 6115

GTN 7188 46115

• 2 weeks later...

post-34278-1248611721_thumb.jpgIt seems that the consultation of the Deer section was for interested parties only.

It has now become official that it is a full public consultation. This is due to the pressure put on buy the lads who have wrote in. The seasons are already under review and all other areas are already under discussion by the Deer Commissioners and things are starting to bend very slightly. Now do we want it to go back to this if not get your letters in to your MSP OR IF YOU ARE ENGLISH WELSH OR IRSIH YOUR MP,S

This is what they want to happen ps note the best practice guides in place. God i am glad i never went.

My friend before they went up for a laugh and ready to go into action and fight against the enemy

After the battle and all was well they never lost a man even though they were against a few hundred the enemy were all piled up and the fifty % that couldn't be identified were burnt in a mass grave.

The tomb stone reads we came we fought and we Concord long live the DCS

Sorry lads not funny really.

PLEASE USE THIS PICTURE WHEN TALKING OR WRITEING TO YOUR MSP OR MP. This is not just about what they are capable of but they have double standards for us and them .How could they possibly set a new exam standard with best practice. this brkes most rules

--------------------

DEERSTALKING IS A SCIENCE

Edited by wireviz