6 replies to this topic

#1 HuntingOnline1

HuntingOnline1

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:38 pm

hey.. any one know how to make a homemade/makeshift crow call and a croww call insert... and also a makeshift or homemade decoy for crow..

also whats the best way in luring the crow to land close??

Thank You,

Jake

#2 luke17636

luke17636

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:41 pm

Best way is just to buy some decoys and a caller practice with the caller before you go out or you could end up giving a warning call and doing completly the opposite of what you want to do . I usualy set up the decoys in a fighting stance with a owl decoy, make sure you are completly camod up and call them in wait untill they open there wings over the decoys as they seem to stop still for a second then let them have it

#3 HuntingOnline1

HuntingOnline1

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:19 pm

no wer i can get any cheep decoys or calls... or evn sum cheep camo ?

#4 rizla1

rizla1

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:26 pm

search the net mate for shooting and fieldsports shops theres loads on ther should find what your looking for :good:

#5 lurchers n terriers

lurchers n terriers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:23 am

dnt kno bout homemade crow decoy r call,,but when on ur on ur way to where u set up ur hide try shoot a crow place it out on the field facing the wind this shud draw more rooks, also sounds crazy but bring scarps to put in field(bread)etc,put it as close as u wnt the bird land,it wrks...!!!!!!

#6 peeps_76

peeps_76

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:16 am

hi i use a dead rabbit. leave it belly up they see it better and put a couple of decoys around and about it. when there close enough :gunsmilie: let em have it.

#7 steviemann

steviemann

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:03 pm

hi i use a dead rabbit. leave it belly up they see it better and put a couple of decoys around and about it. when there close enough http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... let em have it.

I know they're dead expensive but well worth the money, Icaller. Brings them in fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users