Guest whippet

Give me an idea of what price range you are looking at, then i can help with some suggestions. Also it is much beeter to buy a decent secondhand gun, than a crap new one. Stay away from the chinese stuff, even is someone down the pub swears they can kill fox's at 90 yards with their B2 airgun :rolleyes: .

whippet my first ever air rifle was a b3-f under lever and it took down rabbits at 35 yards no problem it looked great when i sanded the finish off the stock and turned it into a skeleton stock then waxed it i ended up selling it for £70 £20 more than it cost me :D:p

Guest whippet

You must've gotten an incredibely good one, as all the ones I have tried have struggled to group into 2 inches at 20 yards, not to mention the appaling trigger and shot to shot inconsistency.

Them Chinese rifles are shite. If you've got one that can do more than 7ft/lbs, after you've poured WD-40 down the barrel, you've got a rare one indeed.

An ideal beginner's rifle is a Webley Xocet. Cheapest in at 12 ft/lbs... you should be using a full powered rifle for hunting if you want to be quick and humane. If not you better re-think why and stick to tin cans until you come to your senses.

New they cost around the £130-£140 mark but you can pick up a 2nd hand one for a fraction of that price. If you're not bothered by the look then they're cheap indeed.

Stick with a reputable manfacturer and avoid cheap rifles that promise big power. ;)

Guest whippet

Here's a damn good value setup. A decent gun, 1 piece mounts, 6x40 scope and PH silencer. I'd go for it before someone else snaps it up.

Edit: It's a 6x32 scope, but still more than enough. And you can always upgrade at a later date if you want a bit more magnification.