HAS ANYONE GOT THESE BOOTS

got a pair of the musto leather with zip best wellie type boot i have bought got a pair of le chamau leather lined good boot also got mendials good for the hill work bought some danner boots in the states last year good for everyday wear and also got some irsh setter boots out there use them for digging good suport and can kick the spade and fine on the arch of your foot

:signthankspin:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what would be the best for ferreting, lamping, and plenty of walking in mud, rivers so i would prefer a calf or high boot. oh and light enough to run in awell :laugh: ive got some neo wellies that are decent enough, warm, waterproof. i use them for beating mainly but no good for running in.

what would be the best for ferreting, lamping, and plenty of walking in mud, rivers so i would prefer a calf or high boot. oh and light enough to run in awell :laugh: ive got some neo wellies that are decent enough, warm, waterproof. i use them for beating mainly but no good for running in.

you want a pair of Le Chameau high boot not cheap but they are bang on

• 1 month later...

If money is no object then you should definatley look at altbeg boots. I am ordering some of the Norweigen ones because I need a higher ankle. I currently use scarpa gore tex which are great but a bit short in the ankel. Lowa are a good make as well and you should check out silvermans Because they stock some good boots.

JPT

for whats its worth i second the meindl bots, have some suede classic meindle boots and have worn them constantly for 2 years, motorcycling, digging, welding, shooting, hiking, and although the soles have worn they are nearly as good as new...

Bracher are bob mate. They don't do anything tall enough. You need a high leg boot out in the field trust me. I made the expensive mistake of getting a low ankle boot and they are crap for working in because water gets over the top well easy. Wellys are the best if you don't have to walk to far in them.

JPT

• 1 month later...
Guest deerman

just come out of army after 15 years,worn a few boots in my time, Danners,lowas,scapa you cant go wrong, also the army brought a pair of boots out called the proboot just a copy of the danners but a lot cheaper , one thing with gortex when and if the water comes in/over the top of boot they take for ever to try out. Im ok for boots for a few years when i left my mate was in the stores job, for queen and country!

:) just come out of army after 15 years,worn a few boots in my time, Danners,lowas,scapa you cant go wrong, also the army brought a pair of boots out called the proboot just a copy of the danners but a lot cheaper , one thing with gortex when and if the water comes in/over the top of boot they take for ever to try out. Im ok for boots for a few years when i left my mate was in the stores job, for queen and country!

sorry pressed send two times

just come out of army after 15 years,worn a few boots in my time, Danners,lowas,scapa you cant go wrong, also the army brought a pair of boots out called the proboot just a copy of the danners but a lot cheaper , one thing with gortex when and if the water comes in/over the top of boot they take for ever to try out. Im ok for boots for a few years when i left my mate was in the stores job, for queen and country!

:) just come out of army after 15 years,worn a few boots in my time, Danners,lowas,scapa you cant go wrong, also the army brought a pair of boots out called the proboot just a copy of the danners but a lot cheaper , one thing with gortex when and if the water comes in/over the top of boot they take for ever to try out. Im ok for boots for a few years when i left my mate was in the stores job, for queen and country!

sorry pressed send two times

I HAVE TRIED NEARLY ALL OF THEM,I AM WEARING MATTERHORNS NOW BUT THERE STARTING TO SQUEAK, IN THE SUMMER I USED MAGNUMS,I DID THIS YEAR ANY WAY,NEVER AGAIN,SWEATY SHITY THINGS A HAVEN FOR ATHLETES FOOT,THEM MATTERHORNS ARE REAL HEAVY AFTER A WHILE,THE PRO BOOTS ARE CANNY FOR THE PRICE £140 I PAID,BUT SADLY DIED ON ME ,IM NOT A WELLIE WEARER SO MY FOOTWEAR GETS HAMMERED,THE DANNER BOOT,THE ACADIA,WERE SWIPED FROM OUTSIDE MY DOOR AFTER WEARING THEM ONLY A COUPLE OF TIMES,PUT ME OFF BUYING ANOTHER PAIR ,BUY THE WAY ANY KIT FOR SALE?????? IM AFTER A CYCLOPS BERGEN,AND A PARA SMOCK OR SAS SMOCK 1980 S KIT B)
Guest deerman

i have a few para smocks mate, to be honest i dont like them in the field,when they get wet they weigh a ton,and take forever to try out,on the plus side thou they dont rip, i use to wear a windpruff in the field ,but they try out quick and rip easy ,so its swings and roundabouts mate. i do have a few para smocks thou mate,but im not home from irq until 23rd dec ,work out there know security,