HAS ANYONE GOT THESE BOOTS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are an bsolutely useless boot for hunting ... lightweight yes ... comfy yes ... durable and strong no no no ... they wont last you 6 weeks of hard graft ...........

Guest chilli

depends what you want to do with them , i have a pair fine for walking with the dogs an ferreting but i wouldnt like to do any ammount of digging in them .

Ive had mine since christmas an clean them regular ( well the gf ) they are fine in my eyes you wont go wrong with them . You owned many pairs socks ? i no a few who have had the same make all very happy with them got a few years out of them to .

depends what you want to do with them , i have a pair fine for walking with the dogs an ferreting but i wouldnt like to do any ammount of digging in them .

Ive had mine since christmas an clean them regular ( well the gf ) they are fine in my eyes you wont go wrong with them . You owned many pairs socks ? i no a few who have had the same make all very happy with them got a few years out of them to .

i have owned plenty of them ... got a pair here now with the canvas sides ... and all they are good for is walking ... a winter of mud hard work and scuffing on rocks and these boots wouldnt last 2 mins ... if you want a decent pair of boots get some lowers

Guest mucker

they look very much like some cheap boots the wife got us last year made by thinsulate with the material on the sides.

they barely lasted a year and too soft for digging in alright for the lamping though :good:

I've had a couple of pairs, they're not a bad light boot, soft like a trainer. The leather needs looking after, water and disinfectant seems to rot them, I found they always crack across that crease between the toes and the laces.

Guest Geordie

If i was gonna pay that much id be tempted to go the extra £50 or so for a pair of Lowa's,tried and tested them Lowas,before i got into the dogs i had a pair for nearly 5 years :blink:

Well this type of boot is bought by many a cadet for their field craft training and have served me well when i did my starred badges and i did everything from rolling in mud to jumping over 12" walls!!

They are only boots at the end of the day and they arnt that expensive....

Altamas for summer work (with a goretex sock if you're on the wetlands)

Matterhorn, Danner or Lowas for proper work

I've tried a pair of Cabela's own brand this last winter and they've been excellent.