Average Hauls

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 years later...

strange question what or how many rabbits you catch ,britains abig country with varied places in the borders at one time 20 to 60 was agood bag now a dozen or more is good in some places but its the sport and the eatable quarry thtas important not how many unless getting paid , dog food never ever went out for rabbits thinking i want 40 ,as no big deal

strange question what or how many rabbits you catch ,britains abig country with varied places in the borders at one time 20 to 60 was agood bag now a dozen or more is good in some places but its the sport and the eatable quarry thtas important not how many unless getting paid , dog food never ever went out for rabbits thinking i want 40 ,as no big deal

Well said whin, i think people dont realize on here, that there are many varied terrains in different necks of the wood.....

Why are people so hung up about golf courses..... I have run my dogs on courses all there lives...

Well said whin, i think people dont realize on here, that there are many varied terrains in different necks of the wood.....

Why are people so hung up about golf courses..... I have run my dogs on courses all there lives...

same here mate,got permission on three golf courses,although i lamp them all the time this is not the most productive method of pest control for numbers,might just get into double figures,on a very good night if your lucky,from each course,ferreting on the other hand can bring totals well up in the fortys,running the dog on them,iv never had any probs,as you say,but their fitness level has to be right up,them bunnies can shift,you could break a young dog on a golf course,but thats only my oppinion :thumbs:

Barbwire is the lucher mans worse nightmare but most off you that lamp well agree that the sheep wire fenceing is a luchers best friend.It seems if your lamping on land that has sheep wire fenceing around the fields instead off hedges and ditches the bags yea can get are very big but it all really depends on your dog and the land yea are running.

A few off yea have been talking about golf courses and l think they are one off the hardest to lamp on for any dog.Some off yea have said yea have caught into double figures on a golf course just wondering what sort off lucher yea are running must be whippet cross because l would say yea would need a dog just as fast as a rabbit off the mark till get into double figures.