Gun Model specific differences .177 or .22

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i appreciate what your saying but the reason i joined the forum was for a live disscusion with people around the country ,not old archives as how could i get invoved in that as its been and gone, i have just joined and enjoy reading the here and now postings .,i dont want to rock the boat ,just my thoughts on the matter

cottswood.........take it all with a pinch of salt mate......you will soon get used to the banter and peoples virtual personalities........it is actually pretty good here.......stick around and have a laugh buddy.

all the best

sean

But that's not gun specific and its technical ............ I give up on this one.

having a tea

Michael

:clapper: bugger tried to sneak that in without anyone noticing.........tea for two, me thinks !!!!!

cheers

sean

Cottswood we understand you want to get involved and if after reading the old posts ont he topic you have something that has not already been said then fine but if it is just going to mean repeating things again and again you have to understand that it gets very boring and very annoying. We welcome new opinions as new insight is always good but if it will be someone telling you something now that has already been posted then it is a waste of time and space on the sight. Live discussion is great but not when it is the same people saying the same things to answer the same question over and over again.

If you have something new to ask then ask away and all of the members will try to help you as best we can. You havn't rocked the boat at all we are just trying to explain things before you get members who aren't as patient who will just get annoyed. We want to be helpful.

ATB

Freddy

p.s. make it 3

Edited by Freddy Watts
Guest Scuba1
i appreciate what your saying but the reason i joined the forum was for a live disscusion with people around the country ,not old archives as how could i get invoved in that as its been and gone, i have just joined and enjoy reading the here and now postings .,i dont want to rock the boat ,just my thoughts on the matter

Hey fair play. if I have the time, I'll go and drive a few miles to help someone to sort things out and have no problems with that at all. But there are two questions that however you want to wrap them up always get to the same answer. One: .177 or .22 and the other classic is domed or pointed pellets.

Stick around a while and you will know when a week has passed because of the times the "calibre question " comes up. Please don't take this to seriously ,as I am not that serious kind of person. If I wanted serious, I would not be on here but get married instead.

ATB

Michael

The answer to your question is HW100T, sorted :D

Guest Scuba1

The answer to your question is HW100T, sorted :D

See that cottswood that is what I call rocking the boat................stealthy I hope you drown clutching that heavy HW. :clapper: :clapper:

ATB

Michael

Guest Scuba1
And I think stealthy has just pointed out the other debate that should have been on you list Scuba. (Although i am sure you will say that there is no debate as there is only one answer right!)

ATB

Freddy

YEP ;)

i am with fast hands on this one ,ok the question might not have been to clear but i am to a newbie , and it seems to me the so call old dogs of this forum just stick useless replies about how its all been said and done before ,maybe some of us newbies would like a chat a bout these topics ,i thought that joining would be a good way to talk about the sport we all love ,but for fear of posting an old hat question i feel it now it aint worth it ,i totally appreciate some have been posting on here for donkeys years but give the youngsters some good advice insteading of shooting down some ones post ,in a short space of time ive realized its just a chat room for the geezers who all seem to know each other which is great but the newbies want good sound advice ,why dont you guys that have heard it all before just put a couple of words about the topic which are straight to the point instead of an essy which aint nothing to do with the subject .basically PLEASE STOP BASHING NEWBIES ,by the way fast hands sold my 22 s410 as the 177 s410 is tops for all my hunting

Thank you Cottswood, you hit the nail on the head there. There does seem to be a little "click" or club that you only seem to be in if you live on the forum.

I tried to apologize and clarify the question, I thought there may be some people that have had the privilege to own a gun in both calibers and if they had a preference to one and why.

I don't have ton's of money and want to get the right gun for me hopefully second time. I shoot really well with my Logun Axsor but it doesn't seem to be quite right, I can't seem to settle with it. I am lucky enough to have lots of permissions in Cornwall and need to up my game a bit.

I am a qualified time served mechanical and electrical Engineer. and have a degree in graphic design. So no I'm not stupid.

I have also raced Motox since been 7 years old, at expert level from 16. and I learned from this that bikes that are supposed to be the same behave so differently. And my experience with many machines that seem identical can be very different. I thought maybe air rifles were maybe the same.

I will apologize once again for been so naive, I don't want to get into some battle of who's the most experienced, and I would like to hopefully be able to advise people in the future when I get more experience in this sport. I have not got my knickers in a twist.... but surely anyone can see the reply's were a little patronizing.

I am sorry and don't want to rock the ship, as this seems to be a little bigger than a boat now. I will take it on the chin and accept I asked a question that wasted so much space and time for the forum. Moving on now :) .

No mate, no clique or club on here at all. :no:

Most of the guys in this section get on, this is one of the only sections on here that doesn't often get carried away with silly, petty arguments. We all have the craic, wind each other up a bit from time to time, and give help when we can.

Please don't feel like you're 'outside the circle', just jump in, before long you'll get the feel of things in here. The other alternative to this place is the dreaded BBS. If you happen over there, or have been there, you'll realise what cliques & clubs really are..

Guest Scuba1

Ok then Fasthands. There is no difference in the two guns and it is a pure choice of preference as to what calibre you prefer. If the 410 fits you go for it in the calibre that you like best.

ATB

Michael