Gun Model specific differences .177 or .22

Hi folks, I am thinking of getting a new rifle, I have a Logun Axsor and I have found the stock to be a little short for me, and it is a long rifle for for carrying around the woods. Don't get me wrong its a fantastic rifle. but I fancy an AA s410 after having a chance to shoot one it just seems to fit me better. but I am undecided to either go for a .177 or a .22 I shoot mainly rabbit but have lots of shooting to do for feathered type creatures. I have £400 plus my Logun to chop in against a new rifle. what would be the best caliber to go for? or or suggestions on a make / model of gun, guessing my Logun is worth around £300-£350 as it is mint with three mags and a good scope.

Edited by fasthands

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.22 all the way pal never had a problem with this caliber at all i have a rapid mk1 and a titan (thats a realy old falcon fn12 for all you that dont know) and they never seem to get back up when they have a .22 pellet in there back of there head.

cheers 01mt02

ATB

Ps, let me no how you get on with the AA s410 as i am in the market for one.

I understand the debate of .177 or .22 will be one that goes on for ever, I just wondered what the general thought was without all the technical ins and outs of the subject.

I am trying a few guns out of both caliber, I have been offered a .22 BSA Superten MK3 standard length, and it seems a great gun not got chance to shoot with it though, so it would be a buy with only having a feel of it. So any constructive advice comments would be great. although the AA S410 I think will take some beating.

As I said I didn't want the technical bollox about the two calibers, it was intended as a rough idea of the opinions of others. I am clever enough to work out the science of it thanks. :rolleyes: and that is what the other threads on the subject seem to harp on about. so I'm not going to get patronizing reply's I will be the better person and apologize for putting a misleading title, and I should have put" has anyone got any constructive comments on the difference of an AA s410 in each of the calibers?" or any other model of gun. as in the model specific differences in each caliber, not caliber of pellet differences. Simples..! ;)

i read the title of this topic and simply thought 'here we go again...."

lets see if we can go a week without bringing up the .177 vs .22 debate shall we?

Whats your problem ?? the guy asked a straight forward question if you do not want to contribute then keep it shut :wankerzo4:

i read the title of this topic and simply thought 'here we go again...."

lets see if we can go a week without bringing up the .177 vs .22 debate shall we?

Whats your problem ?? the guy asked a straight forward question if you do not want to contribute then keep it shut :wankerzo4:

And I suppose you are contributing then iamduvern :thumbdown: seems like a very informative post you have there. Not sure calling the kid a :wankerzo4: is really necessary either do you. He had a very legitimate point that questions on .22 or .177 come up way too often and all people would have to do was use the search function and read the old posts.

So leave the kid alone.

As it now stands the question has been explained better and it is in fact a different question to the normal debate but at the time Aaron "read the title" he was not to know that. So maybe you should keep it shut unless you want to say something helpful.

I personally would prefer the .22 but I am currently looking to try a .177 and then i would be able to give a better opinion.

Hope you get some helpful posts fasthands.

ATB

Freddy