Goshawk Photos

Sparviter

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracking looking bird mate and great pics i bet you are looking forward to this season. I cant wait for the season to start as i have recently picked up a female Harris so counting down the weeks know. Was the bird injured in fence as it looks well caught up. Again lovely bird :D

He wasn't injured in the fence. He didn't fly into it, he footted the rabbit through the fence. There is a lot of fencing on that land, and he soon learned to fold his wings and fly through the fence. Made my heart skip a beat every time though!

Hi Kev. A chap called Jim Entwistle makes them. They are a real godsend. PM me if you need more details.

thanks for that, it wouldn't be jim aka (outflying)would it? if it is my dads in the process of getting one off him but cheers anyway kev.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pics, i take it hes PR goshawk, what weight does he fly at and what % german and finnish is he.

did you fit the track pack yourself, am was think of it my self, am in two minds which route to take.

im imprinting a 3/4 finnish male at the moment.

cheers

Edited by welsh-dragon
Nice pics, i take it hes PR goshawk, what weight does he fly at and what % german and finnish is he.

did you fit the track pack yourself, am was think of it my self, am in two minds which route to take.

cheers

Hi mate.

He is a 100% Finnish parent reared hawk, flying at 1lb11 3/4 towards the end of his first season. Yes, I made and fitted the backpack myself, and would highly reccomend them. Best of luck with your gos.

He's getting well into his moult now. Here's a pic from a couple of days ago...

Lee.

lupomoult012.jpg

Edited by Sparviter

cheers

Hi mate.

He is a 100% Finnish parent reared hawk, flying at 1lb11 3/4 towards the end of his first season. Yes, I made and fitted the backpack myself, and would highly reccomend them. Best of luck with your gos.

He's getting well into his moult now. Here's a pic from a couple of days ago...

Lee.

lupomoult012.jpg

nice size, just right i think,

i was thinking for going down the route of a back pack but ive never fitted one so bit unsure of fit under the wings, i know you should be able to get your finger under the ribbon,

his eyes look nice and fresh and heathly,

am really looking forward to the coming season.

all the best