Shooting Sticks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't understand is why have you got some problem about what people choose to use, if people want to use a monopod, bipod, quadpod, fair enough its upto the individual ... Just because someone chooses to use one style or prefers one over the other..........whats the problem?? Sheamus you seriously have a real bad attitude, the way you come across on here, to be honest you do make yourself sound like a complete prick... Next you will be saying anyone not using your manufacturer of rifle or scope are numptie messers... Who the f**k cares...Who cares if one person shoots 1000 deer a year or every species of deer in a week... End of the day its not a competition or some chest beating exercise...Its about sharing something you have a love of with others who have similar interests...

Ian it`s entirely up to the individual what they shoot off.. I have used sheep fencing, Rucksack`s , stone walls, cars you name it i have utilized it but if your using common sense you wont need me or Foxy to tell you those quad pods are shite.

In fact a well seasoned and experienced stalker would struggle using those there too rigid. You`d have to lift the sticks and replace if the target moved just a fraction.

Foxy has pointed out like myself which is the way to go if that offends anyone then that's just tuff.

Whats the problem? No problem here buy em for me i don't give two fecks mate just dont try and tell me there brill.

If i come across as a prick Ian do you think i really care. The one`s who normally get irritated by me are the one`s who think there better than what they really are and that's there problem not mine ;)

Regarding guns/calibre`s they all work believe me and i have no favorites in either.

The biggest Cock in the world can shoot Deer there piss easy and just like i have said previously good ground can make even a beginner look like a Pro.

Marty can you tell me why you have change to hazel sticks? Now this is not a trick question just an informal enquiry so dont get too flustered,lol.

Lets try a super sized bipod in this kind of terrain,lol.

efecova.jpg

Don't take my picture`s as an indirect chest beat there for illustration purposes only...

Vim,you can't see it in the pic of the last Buck I shot,but,I not only had the sticks,but,also had the bipod on too.I really couldn't give a hoot if I fit in with yours or anyone elses idea of eutopia,I do what I do for fun,and,to feed myself and the dogs,and,as many of my extended family as turn up with a carrier bag.I have been using sticks a bit more lately,but,I would never be so patronising to say that one certain way of shooting was better than any other,and,just for info,I have never used any other type of sticks,as I think they are vastly overpriced,and,I own 3 Harris bipods,all bought on Ebay cheap.I aint a rich man........Oh,and please don't take this as in any way endorsing any of your feelings.

Foxy...............it was a bit GAY mate.....lol

regards......Martin.

Guest Sheamus.

There`s the whole difference Marty between you and me. You do it for fun and i do it to earn an income albeit a modest one ;)

If you take my words or foxys words as patronising your a weaker man than what i thought you were and i`ll repeat what i have already said.

Quadpods are too complicated even for an experienced stalker and the use of a single Harris bipod at what ever height is a poor technique for any stalker to operate with.

What surprises me though Marty is that you moan about products being over priced yet you own 3 bipods?? Didnt you realise they have a quick release mechanism for immediate attachment to other guns :laugh:

I`d bet One a solid bipod the other a swivel type and the other one of those big stupid fecking things that Drooper use`s tell me i`m wrong :laugh:

Edited by Sheamus.
There`s the whole difference Marty between you and me. You do it for fun and i do it to earn an income albeit a modest one ;)

If you take my words or foxys words as patronising your a weaker man than what i thought you were and i`ll repeat what i have already said.

Quadpods are too complicated even for an experienced stalker and the use of a single Harris bipod at what ever height is a poor technique for any stalker to operate with.

What surprises me though Marty is that you moan about products being over priced yet you own 3 bipods?? Didnt you realise they have a quick release mechanism for immediate attachment to other guns :laugh:

I`d bet One a solid bipod the other a swivel type and the other one of those big stupid fecking things that Drooper use`s tell me i`m wrong :laugh:

Just a quick question richard prior, sorry meant sheamus, how long have you been stalking for now, just an honest straight forward answer..

I cannot see why you are so obsessed with what someone uses to shoot a deer, use a tree, fence post, free hand, its less hassle than any stick/bipod OR use what you prefer be it HAZEL (profesional choice and only choice as endorsed by pro stalker expert sheamus) , bipod, plastic sticks, wooden sticks, 2,3,4,5,6,7, legged sticks, kryptonite sticks...As long as the shot is accurately placed.. To be honest sheamus, you could be the nicest bloke in the world, but on a forum you come across as a complete knob! :laugh:

Just a quick question richard prior, sorry meant sheamus, how long have you been stalking for now, just an honest straight forward answer..

I cannot see why you are so obsessed with what someone uses to shoot a deer, use a tree, fence post, free hand, its less hassle than any stick/bipod OR use what you prefer be it HAZEL (profesional choice and only choice as endorsed by pro stalker expert sheamus) , bipod, plastic sticks, wooden sticks, 2,3,4,5,6,7, legged sticks, kryptonite sticks...As long as the shot is accurately placed.. To be honest sheamus, you could be the nicest bloke in the world, but on a forum you come across as a complete knob!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::laugh:
Guest Sheamus.

Ian me and you use to have the crack about 7/8 years ago in the chat room on Moocher`s. Back then i was a Rabbit catcher with an hairy womble lurcher and you were the Kitchen boy on an Oil Rig who read Brian plummer books and worked his dog on shore leave,lol.

Are you expecting me to state that i have years of experience because in truth i haven't and neither have you. But lets just say i`m on my second Open ticket ;)

Ask Marty and some of the other the same question about how long they have been stalking :D

Edited by Sheamus.

:laugh: Hey sheamus I have nothing whatsover against you, just seems you do come across as a knob on forums, why not just try and put your message across in a nicer way, then I suppose you will get less peoples backs up... I'm all for crack, but one sided opinionated views, anyone who differs are messers??? I don't quite get why someone would be like that..?

Kitchen boy, get it right I was a toilet attendant, and you were the hoddy remember!! :laugh: ... Brian plummer books.....In the words of peter kay, how very dare you, thats slander :laugh: I only read books from a bigger messer his prodigy....Darcy, there more dual purpose and handy when wiping up man stains..... What was plummers mate called...hold up, thats it.. HANCOCK... do you know him :D

Its as if you want to prove something to yourself and others... Good boy, you have had an open ticket for two fac recerts now, Young grasshopper soon you will be a man.......

Me I'm just a part time messer, who enjoys being out in the fields and woods, thats all...I have nothing to prove..

Sheamus end of the day, I like to get on with everyone, try being a nice guy you just might like it........... :kiss:

Guest Sheamus.

Yes Ian i suppose i do come across as a Knobba to the short sighted. But they are easily forgiven as they know not what they do :D

I recall when you were affectionately called "Growler" and not IanB i believe this name come about not from the noise a dog makes. But that you resembled part of a woman`s anatomy,lol.

I remember Hancock all right Ian i rescued a dog from his yards about 8 years ago and infact that dog`s still with me now. You see i`m a firm believer in loyalty and not short sighted enough to see only skin deep imperfections ;)

I found him a job tracking Deer not too strenuous like seeming he`s only on three and a half feet now,lol.

Here`s the old boy with a Silver medal Stag which was taken off HAZEL sticks..

Chest beat :boogie:

2007_0114Image0004.jpg

Ok game over, I've nothing else to say.... Its obvious your trying to prove something to yourself and others... Maybe its a form of insecurity.. Good luck in your quest for recognition..

Regarding your hound..Unlike others I don't care were a dogs from or whats in its makeup, I've nothing to prove to anyone...As long as it works and is loyal to its master, in the grand scheme of things who cares.....

Lifes too short to worry about pathetic disputes, or one sided views...

And to put it correctly you don't just come across as a knobber to the short sighted, you come across as a knobba to most of the people reading the forum...

No hard feelings................................Stalking Guru :thumbs:

Best Wishes Growler :kiss:

Guest Sheamus.

Ian you have added feck all to the debate on sticks but repeatedly groaned on about obsessions, insecurity`s and gaining acceptance?

Maybe you feel that these words are your only form of defence and also a form of attack to be little people in a juvenile kind of way??

You have nothing to prove Ian and if you look at it from a sensible point of view you`d realise neither have i ;)

No hard feelings and steer clear of the quadpods because that`s what this was about in case you did`nt know :thumbs:

Foxy there`s plenty more like that knocking about..

Milking stools always have 3 legs, never 4. That way they are stable on any floor.

I thought this forum was going to be an improvement over the kids on PigeonWatch and the arrogance on the Wildfowling forum.

Seems like there's jumped up farts wherever you go.

I'm on my 7th open ticket!