Shooting Sticks

Guest Sheamus.
but my numbers speak for themselves :clapper: .

Those long bipods are for fanny`s Drooper and your number`s speak`s good of the ground you shoot on. Good ground can even make a pretender look like a pro ;)

Your limited in what you can do with bipods of any height especially if you heavily rely upon them.

I remember taking a guy out stalking and saying to him when the Stag stop`s (150 yards) i`ll put the sticks up for you then stand up and shoot him ok?

He gave me that look as though i`d asked him to jump out of a plane without a parachute on :laugh:

He replied almost stuttering i can only shoot of a bipod. Lets push through the hedge and i`ll take him lying down he went on..

The hedge was a solid one meter high Hawthorn and Blackthorn so i said politely No you take the shot off the sticks because this is the only chance your going to get.

Right enough he went home with feck all because he could`nt adapt himself..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quads and tripods are no good as they are far too finicky when time is of the essence. Also bipods have their use but once again useless if you are stalking roe in forestry . You must be able to shoot off double sticks . I personally have the Knobloch which are extendable , I think this is also important as not all shots are taken standing , what if a kneeling shot is required ??

These sticks are also extremely lightweight which also is a bonus.

but my numbers speak for themselves :clapper: .

Those long bipods are for fanny`s Drooper and your number`s speak`s good of the ground you shoot on. Good ground can even make a pretender look like a pro ;)

Your limited in what you can do with bipods of any height especially if you heavily rely upon them.

I remember taking a guy out stalking and saying to him when the Stag stop`s (150 yards) i`ll put the sticks up for you then stand up and shoot him ok?

He gave me that look as though i`d asked him to jump out of a plane without a parachute on :laugh:

He replied almost stuttering i can only shoot of a bipod. Lets push through the hedge and i`ll take him lying down he went on..

The hedge was a solid one meter high Hawthorn and Blackthorn so i said politely No you take the shot off the sticks because this is the only chance your going to get.

Right enough he went home with feck all because he could`nt adapt himself..

surely too god being the faultless perfectionist that you proclaim to be you would have gone through the prota call of shooting off the sticks if the chance arose????? Theres one fanny on here and thats you ;)

Guest Sheamus.
Quads and tripods are no good as they are far too finicky when time is of the essence. Also bipods have their use but once again useless if you are stalking roe in forestry . You must be able to shoot off double sticks . I personally have the Knobloch which are extendable , I think this is also important as not all shots are taken standing , what if a kneeling shot is required ??

These sticks are also extremely lightweight which also is a bonus.

I`ll go with that foxy you just need sticks :thumbs: .. I had a pair of Knob lock jobbies and as quick as they came out of the box they went straight back in and was sent by return post back to another self proclaimed expert up North. I took an instant dislike to them which is unlike me,lol.

I don't normally fit a bipod when i`m stalking, makes you look like a poofta you see. But i took a few using one last season when i wasn't Hoddying :D

The most memorable was this Buck which was taken at a breath taking 30 yards lying prone whilst the mag was on 20x50 and parallaxed at approximately 140 yards :laugh:

I wont bother with an attempt to explain it would go over your heads :D

Aliboy regarding fanny`s there`s plenty on here pal...

006-2.jpg

What I don't understand is why have you got some problem about what people choose to use, if people want to use a monopod, bipod, quadpod, fair enough its upto the individual ... Just because someone chooses to use one style or prefers one over the other..........whats the problem?? Sheamus you seriously have a real bad attitude, the way you come across on here, to be honest you do make yourself sound like a complete prick... Next you will be saying anyone not using your manufacturer of rifle or scope are numptie messers... Who the f**k cares...Who cares if one person shoots 1000 deer a year or every species of deer in a week... End of the day its not a competition or some chest beating exercise...Its about sharing something you have a love of with others who have similar interests...

What I don't understand is why have you got some problem about what people choose to use, if people want to use a monopod, bipod, quadpod, fair enough its upto the individual ... Just because someone chooses to use one style or prefers one over the other..........whats the problem?? Sheamus you seriously have a real bad attitude, the way you come across on here, to be honest you do make yourself sound like a complete prick... Next you will be saying anyone not using your manufacturer of rifle or scope are numptie messers... Who the f**k cares...Who cares if one person shoots 1000 deer a year or every species of deer in a week... End of the day its not a competition or some chest beating exercise...Its about sharing something you have a love of with others who have similar interests...

Now that will go over his head Ian mate.You see I think Sheamus(Vim) is obviously over compensating for something,especially with the Hoddying and Poofta remarks :give_rose::yes: .........Martin

Guest Sheamus.

Ian it`s entirely up to the individual what they shoot off.. I have used sheep fencing, Rucksack`s , stone walls, cars you name it i have utilized it but if your using common sense you wont need me or Foxy to tell you those quad pods are shite.

In fact a well seasoned and experienced stalker would struggle using those there too rigid. You`d have to lift the sticks and replace if the target moved just a fraction.

Foxy has pointed out like myself which is the way to go if that offends anyone then that's just tuff.

Whats the problem? No problem here buy em for me i don't give two fecks mate just dont try and tell me there brill.

If i come across as a prick Ian do you think i really care. The one`s who normally get irritated by me are the one`s who think there better than what they really are and that's there problem not mine ;)

Regarding guns/calibre`s they all work believe me and i have no favorites in either.

The biggest Cock in the world can shoot Deer there piss easy and just like i have said previously good ground can make even a beginner look like a Pro.

Marty can you tell me why you have change to hazel sticks? Now this is not a trick question just an informal enquiry so dont get too flustered,lol.

Lets try a super sized bipod in this kind of terrain,lol.

efecova.jpg

Don't take my picture`s as an indirect chest beat there for illustration purposes only...

To start with I don't care what anyone uses as long as they are comfortable in taking an accurate well placed shot, who am I to say otherwise???

But whats a pro, are you a pro??? , I'm not in it for a competition and I'm not into thinking I'm better than anyone else (but some of your posts are still irritating, the way you try to be condescending to people)... You mentioned comments about using bipods, I use a rifle mounted bipod, shoot 90% of everything I shoot with it... I'm not a big deer stalker, I shoot nothing compared to some, but if someone wants to use one method then surely thats up to them, people who push there own opinions onto others, anyone not following suit are messers or idiots is what it looks like your implying... I agree deer are easy to shoot, so what ...........WHO cares, personally I think your a messer for shooting a big dumb animal and thinking its rocket science, hazel sticks are for puftas.............free hand all the way...! Anyone who doesn't agree are divs!!! :icon_eek:

ps them last two photos sheamus/foxhunter now they just ooze gayness.... :laugh:

Foxy, that is a gay catalogue pose if i ever saw one!!!! :clapper:

I have shot off twin sticks but for ultimate versatility i prefer a single stick. Just a length of dowel is what i use. I knows its not exactly traditional, but its simple...just like me.lol.

I would add though, that i have neer been one for shooting long distances, ergo, i am sure the rest would be much steadier with a twin stick for distance shots.

Its all each to their own, just remember , they are only there to steady the rifle....

Happy Stalking...JD

Dont know anything about gayness Ian ................please enlighten us :D

Just looked at the oxford dictionary , the definition of "gayness" is foxhunter doing a catalogue pose with his arse to the camera :clapper:

Guest Sheamus.

To start with I don't care what anyone uses as long as they are comfortable in taking an accurate well placed shot, who am I to say otherwise???

But whats a pro, are you a pro??? , I'm not in it for a competition and I'm not into thinking I'm better than anyone else (but some of your posts are still irritating, the way you try to be condescending to people)... You mentioned comments about using bipods, I use a rifle mounted bipod, shoot 90% of everything I shoot with it... I'm not a big deer stalker, I shoot nothing compared to some, but if someone wants to use one method then surely thats up to them, people who push there own opinions onto others, anyone not following suit are messers or idiots is what it looks like your implying... I agree deer are easy to shoot, so what ...........WHO cares, personally I think your a messer for shooting a big dumb animal and thinking its rocket science, hazel sticks are for puftas.............free hand all the way...! Anyone who doesn't agree are divs!!! :icon_eek:

I presume this one`s for me Ian? What is a Pro? yes what is a fecking pro :laugh: I suppose if it say`s on your tax return "Deer stalker" then your a pro.

On mine it say`s Bricklayer. Would i describe myself as a pro well to put it simply. NO.

Guy`s that ask awkward questions quite often get labeled as trouble and frequently described as irritating but if you have a simple good to honest answer why get flustered with the questions put??

Regarding bipods Ian there are a good shooting accessory and perfect for accurate shooting but to say that you only need one of these to be successful would be misleading especially to some of the beginner`s on here.

For a fact you`ll be more successful if you can utilise the sticks with the bipod. I mean just look at foxy using the sticks in another way by steady himself whilst glassing for any minute movement in the distance. You wont

do that with a bipod.

WHO care`s? Indeed Ian..

Ian messer`s are identified by there frequent use of the bipod if you rate yourself above 75% you automatically qualify,lol.

Quote: JD

I have shot off twin sticks but for ultimate versatility i prefer a single stick. Just a length of dowel is what i use.

Shag i suppose using dowel is a feeble attempt to fit in?? If you did`nt care about looks you go for the broom stale :laugh:;)

aftershot.jpg

Edited by Sheamus.