best falcon x for crow

noisey

Alot of it is down to the bird Noisy! some take to the Black stuff like a duck to water and some have to be made. I know a old falconer who took many Rooks/Crows with a Lugger, also one of the main birds used on them before the Hybrid craze was a Pure Peregrine which got the job done in style.....

I have never flown a Peregrine at crows but have flown a Male Gyr/Saker, Female Pere/Saker and a couple of Female Pere/Prairies. If I had to make a choice from the birds that rocked my boat it would be the Peregrine/Prairie's! I liked their style and comitment aswel as their sheer aggresion towards their quarry.....

Just my opinion mate

Jasper

as well as flying a harris i also go flying falcons on crow / rook with my dad and his mate we use a (f) peregrine a (f) pere/saker and a (f) pere/prairie all three birds are more than capable on the black stuff.my dad as allso tried 50/50 gyr /sakers and found them a little slower to come forword should we say.what i would surgest is have a good look at your land you have to hunt on and pick the best bird sooted to your land and that way you would be more likely to get better success i.e if your land is a bit enclosed go for somthing like a pere/prairie or a pere/saker but if your land is a bit more open go for somthing like a peregrine but what i would say is if it is your first falcon i would probable opt for the pere/saker and leave the likes of the pere/prairie alone untill you have a little bit more experience with long wings.

hope this is of some help kev.

I would say pere/saker for a first bird (wish i had gone this route) but as Jasper says anything with Praire in it is dynamite if you can handle the temperment!!! i love my male Gyr/Praire,balls like a prize angus bull :clapper:

i have the best of both on my land, wide open fields,a disused quarry and thick wood. i do a lot of shooting on this land and still struggling to control the crows as its wicked, there is also lots of game as we manage a shoot. my friend has a peri which i fly. i have talked to the lad with the gyr/saker today and i think i am going to put the deposit down, i am sure this bird will do the job for me. thank you for all your replys i will keep you all posted