Shottie Carts

I've been using those cartridges for pigeon, magpies and crows. I've also just purchased a box of Gamebore clear winners (no6, 36g) to try and solve the farmers fox problem. Hes lost 30 lambs in 10 weeks :diablo: The other week I spent an entire day wandering around two hundred acres but couldn't even find an earth so me and my shooting partner spent the early evening yesterday clearing the cattle sheds of pigeons. The farmer then told us that the fox (hes shot 4) was eating a dead lamb in the yard in the middle of the afternoon. :icon_eek:

We tried calling him in but it just barked back at us before we decided to try again at the weekend. Just as unloaded and made our way to the farm two foxes walked across the yard and helped themselves to the shot birds. :realmad:

Anyone have any better cartridge suggestions for fox???

Guest dog_man

lylvale 3'' 56grams bb's or rc 50's if your guns only 2 3/4 chambre rc 40's will do the job

for my shooting i use victory whites 35gram 5's or 6's if im using the 12, when im wildfowling i use the 10 with home loads

Edited by dog_man

i use Hull special pigeon, 32gm of 6's and/or Rio 30gm of 6's for rabbits and pigeons etc....

I have Hull Ultramax 42gm of BB's that i use for foxes

i also have a load of other cartridges ( i like a variety) 3.5 inch remington sportsman BB steel carts (geese/ducks) ,Lyalvale 36gm of SG and AAA (for muntjac/foxes/burglars) i have some number 4's in 36gm Lyalvale carts , the bloke at the gun shop sold me them when i asked for something to use on foxes, although i dont think they penetrate enough so have used them on crows and squirrels :yes: and bought the BB's/AAA's/SG's for bigger stuff :guitar:

all these are obviously in 12 gauge and i have a 3.5 inch chambered semi-auto

i also have 5's , 6's and 7's in .410 for my lads baikal single barreled 3"chambered .410

Edited by COMPO

Well the lylevale no.4 did the job we got two foxes on Monday evening (one was lying in the filed and didn't notice us walking acroos an open filed :icon_eek: ) The farmer was over the moon after losing so many lambs and offered us some shooting over the stubble in a couple of months :clapper::signthankspin:

Well the lylevale no.4 did the job we got two foxes on Monday evening (one was lying in the filed and didn't notice us walking acroos an open filed :icon_eek: ) The farmer was over the moon after losing so many lambs and offered us some shooting over the stubble in a couple of months :clapper::signthankspin:

:clapper: well done :clapper:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest wilbar
Whats cartridges do you prefer to use when out, lylevale express 6's 32gm and clear pigeon are my most used for the rabbits and pigeons.... :hunter:

All the Rc cartridges I have used have been increadibly reliable. They have been fast and have killed pretty consistently

• 7 months later...