• 25yds
    • 30yds
    • 35yds
    • 40yds
    • 45yds
    • 50 yds+

Guest Scuba1
WHAT??

To the dark side, you may go?? Hell's freezed over, maybe it has.....

Cheers.

Nope I'll stay with .22 and just think that for some the best part of two inches under zero is still flat. So it will stay as cosy as ever in that place down there.

ATB

Michael

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT??

Cheers.

Nope I'll stay with .22 and just think that for some the best part of two inches under zero is still flat. So it will stay as cosy as ever in that place down there.

ATB

Michael

Anyone may think you maybe have a BS spotter built into your brouser...

I used .177 for a very long time, and thought that was a bold claim.

It is flatter but not that flat. In my humble 30 years of airgunning experiance. :whistling:

Cheers.

Edit: I still prefer the smaller calibers though.

Edited by andyfr1968
Guest Scuba1
WHAT??

Cheers.

ATB

Michael

Anyone may think you maybe have a BS spotter built into your brouser...

I used .177 for a very long time, and thought that was a bold claim.

It is flatter but not that flat. In my humble 30 years of airgunning experiance. :whistling:

Cheers.

Edit: I still prefer the smaller calibers though.

Now you could extend the PBR out to 45 yards with a 33 yard zero using a 8.44 grain pellet. But then you would have to spit that out at 1200 ft/sec or 26 ft/lbs respectively. Thats using a one inch target. Hence my initial question about the gun being FAC.

ATB

Michael

All I can say is, the best pellet I've found for killing things in a sub FAC airgun are .177 Bisley Mags/H and N Baracuds.

We've got naff-all power to play with and down range performance is vital.

I've been playing with .20 for a while only to see how Dynamic SPC 5s perform. Ballistics is a complicated science and I liked the sound of them, so I thought I'd give them a try.

So far, so good. As you've so rightly said before, it's all about being able to hit the target exactly where you need to, but it's also about knowing that the pellet's going to do what you need when it arrives.

Cheers.

in .177

long range the JSB heavies, or Daystates equivelent.. acupels did the biz for a while

short range to 30 yards i realy likes bisley long range golds (lighter faster but had that somehting)

mid ranger's out to 40-50 yards daystates AA feilds (AA feilds did go to the 50 meter mark with nooooooooo complaints).

in .22 AA feilds to50 yards, but on rats the long range golds came good again. i only used the .22 for 4 months on and off... was 'ok' but didnt suit me at all....(daystate were ok at a push again).

didnt actualy use bizly mags much... they did hold o the wind ok on a range but were really over kill on rats making sone nasty assed head shots, way to much noise on impact an dsheesh some propr rat screemers on bod shots, all the other pellets produced good one shot kills without half the fuss or noise.

the JSB heaviies in my .177 gun set up.. 55 yard rabbit head shots look like a wooley hat... no messing lol.

edit, oops ,missed the point, depends what suits your barrel...

Edited by ghillies
Guest Scuba1

I have been experimenting with a pellet that has no wind drift at all. You can see it to the left of my gun on the photo. The problem is a 10 shot mag of them weighs a ton and the shot count is $ite. Feck 16 grain, 16 pound is the way forward :clapper: :clapper:

P4150017.jpg

Happy hunting

Michael

I have been experimenting with a pellet that has no wind drift at all. You can see it to the left of my gun on the photo. The problem is a 10 shot mag of them weighs a ton and the shot count is $ite. Feck 16 grain, 16 pound is the way forward :clapper: :clapper:

P4150017.jpg

Happy hunting

Michael

LMFAO!! Nice one Michael.

Cheers. :clapper:

Guest Scuba1

Another plus of that set up is, that body shots out to about 80 feet are not a problem either and you can leave some of your rabbits at the friendly person that gave you permission when he is not home, by shoving them through the letter box :good: :good:

ATB

Michael

For the abstract, truly a gift you have, wise one!!

With body shots, do you need to remove the head before posting, or is the impact so great that the hydroulic shock through the body just blows it off?

Cheers.

Edit to say: What range do you zero your formidable combo? Not to go off topic....

Edited by andyfr1968
Gat gun.

Open sight.

Darts (must have red flights, blue and green wander too much in cross winds).

500 yard zero.

Any big game animals that wander through my garden.

Cheers. ;)

here funny yiou should say that... the red were better in a gatt! hehehehe better that throwing the gun at lol

Gat gun.

Open sight.

Darts (must have red flights, blue and green wander too much in cross winds).

500 yard zero.

Any big game animals that wander through my garden.

Cheers. ;)

here funny yiou should say that... the red were better in a gatt! hehehehe better that throwing the gun at lol

Yeah. I tried the yellow ones for a while but they were total overkill.

So much damage to the carcass that the animal was only fit for the dogs and the slaves.... Or Ginsters....

Cheers.