Hang them for up to 5 days pal, especially if you are eating them, nobody wants meat with blood in it...

i have always just dealt with them within about a day. so do you gut them straight off thne hang them?

Hang them for up to 5 days pal, especially if you are eating them, nobody wants meat with blood in it...

i have always just dealt with them within about a day. so do you gut them straight off thne hang them?

gut them basically as soon as shot or whithin short period after , then hang em , i hang them for no more than 2 days anything after that i find them not to my taste...if i hang them in the chiller then 5 days no probs

sauer

in the summer months i would only hang them for a day

but the winter months or in the chiller i will hang them up to 5 day

which makes the meat alot whiter and not so chewey

atb

Guest rodsmith

its up to you mate.id not hang with the weather we're having.come october you could hang them for a wk.trial and error bud but id not or your not getting the proper flavour of the meat.

i dont hang i like to get them open so as to get all the shit out the pipes thats the one that runs through the back end,then soak in salt water to try and get rid of the stink and gut taste.

• 2 months later...

if you want the meat really tender:

hang it for 2 days, then let the meat soak in buttermilk sold in tesco for 3 days, it will look gross when you take it out, but wash it off and that nasty membrane that covers the meat will have turned into cotton wool and the meat will be very tender, the natural enzymes in the butter milk start to break down the meat, and tenderizing it!!!

i learned this is south Africa when i stayed with a PH or a long weekend, they soak all their tough game meat out there!

i tried a direct comparison of wildebeest, that had, and hadn't been soaked, the difference was amazing! so i came back to the uk and tried it on rabbit!