irish terriers

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good informative post, I love to hear about different ways of hunting from around the world   More of these posts and less slanging matches would do this site a world of good.   Thanks zagman

The dog on the left in my avatar is an irish terrier that is used in the US to find and hold coyotes that are being trapped

:clapper: :clapper:

Do you happen to have more (better) pics of him mate?

ATB,

Anna

The dog on the left in my avatar is an irish terrier that is used in the US to find and hold coyotes that are being trapped

:clapper: :clapper:

Do you happen to have more (better) pics of him mate?

ATB,

Anna

I have a couple of better pics of the dog but i need someone to put them up for me as im to thick to do it(ive tried :icon_redface::icon_redface: )

The smaller of the two dogs is a pure bred akc registerd irish terrier.The larger is a cross between an irish and a dorn dog.The Dorn dog is a breed bred by Vernon Dorn a goverment trapper and is a cross between an airedale/australian shephard and a plott hound

Hang on,

those coyote's are caught in a leg hold trap, they cant go anywhere, the bloke knows where he set his traps,

how are these dogs earning their keep ?

Totaly unecessary, if you ask me.

Those coyotes are caught in leg hold traps that can be dragged so as to stop the animal from chewing off there own leg.The Dogs have to find the coyotes or foxes that have dragged away the traps and bay until the hunter finds them.I think its called PEST CONTROL :wallbash:
Hang on,

those coyote's are caught in a leg hold trap, they cant go anywhere, the bloke knows where he set his traps,

Those coyotes are caught in leg hold traps that can be dragged so as to stop the animal from chewing off there own leg.The Dogs have to find the coyotes or foxes that have dragged away the traps and bay until the hunter finds them.I think its called PEST CONTROL :wallbash:

Judging by the pictures, i think he would do just as well with a pair of binoculars, as that pair of dogs.

Pest control ? and heres me thinking he was gonna eat them.

Hang on,

Judging by the pictures, i think he would do just as well with a pair of binoculars, as that pair of dogs.

Pest control ? and heres me thinking he was gonna eat them.

I would think a lot off the prey found in the traps could be in cover but to be honest im not sure only going by what ive been told as i dont hunt many coyotes in a season around worcester :D:D
Guest oldskool
Hang on,

sounds sensible enough to me... are they capable of dragging a trap far??? i seen humane leg hold traps that have rubber jaws to hold foxes and racoons, are they any use for coyotes??? i looked into gettin some shipped from australia but apparently they are illegal to use here anyway, regardless of rubber jaws...