Two Dogs & A Rifle

Picked a reprint up of this book a couple of weeks ago for a few quid & it's a cracking read :good:

The author tells of his life farming & boar hunting in New Zealand from the mid 1920's, of the people he met & dogs he ran. It's a short book/quick read, only 180 pages but well worth it.

2dogs.jpg

yeah it is a good read mate i have done a heap of hunting up that te tuhi valley and it's still as wild and inhospitable as when the book was written. the little terrier punch in the book is the reason i bought my first foxie :11: a great little dog with a heart of a lion and the body of a mouse. here's a fallow shot up there, he mentions they where just starting to appear in his book, this is from the same herd.0003.jpg note the injury wound

secondlot022.jpg

his old farm is up this road lol

Read that book a few years ago, has anyone read Diary of a pig hunter by Reg Carr. Some good yarns about hunting pigs in New Zealand. :yes:

yes i got that one and the hunting experience by philip holden.i used to had a fiction book as well about a maori lad who went to live on a hobby farm with his grandparents and when the gran died the bloke and boy whent tramping through the bush and they had a border collie x pigdog.stupidly i got rid of it even though it was a good read.