338 and 50 cal moderators

Hi

Just a quick note for those of you out there that may have an interest in a moderator for 338 or 50 calibre.

Quicksilver Silencers UK are about to start production of a batch of moderators for RPA and AI, as such the opportunity exists for a discount price for individuals who place an order during this production run.

For details contact George via www.qsmsilencers.co.uk

Cheers

Onelesscharlie ;)

338 is not big enough legally for dangerous african game minium caliber of .375 is needed , i have jsut managed to get a .338 lap mag on my ticket and i have only had my licence just over a year i joined a shooting club and i am using it for target use and non dangerous game. they seemed to think that was ok.

liam

338 is not big enough legally for dangerous african game minium caliber of .375 is needed , i have jsut managed to get a .338 lap mag on my ticket and i have only had my licence just over a year i joined a shooting club and i am using it for target use and non dangerous game. they seemed to think that was ok.

liam

whats 'non dangerous game'? deer, foxes, ground game?

just wondering

as far as i know it is anything other than elephant, buffalo,rhinoceros, lion. dont take my word on that , so a 338 would open up such species as hyena , wildebeest and antelope etc, you likly could word it too your needs or non dangerous game bein foxes and deer

liam

Edited by lgray88
as far as i know it is anything other than elephant, buffalo,rhinoceros, lion. dont take my word on that , so a 338 would open up such species as hyena , wildebeest and antelope etc, you likly could word it too your needs or non dangerous game bein foxes and deer

liam

are u able to hunt over here with it though?

they likley are loop holes im awaiting my cert to be printed with the new calibers on it but it has been cleared then il tell you the conditions they have given me the .338 under . i dont think you would have many friends if you were hunting with them around here the report from the muzzle is supposed to be crazy with a muzzlebrake on it. but as has been mentioned just depends what your issueing police force class as non dangerous game. its a tricky one jsut have too wait and see

liam

Edited by lgray88

WOW. thats pretty impressive, bet the .338 laupa magnum has got its fair share or clout, have a feeling the army use them in favour of the .50cal. some round.

And i would agree with dangerous game its proberly better to go bigger than just really wind it up. lol.

they are renown for being more accurate than the 50bmg as i think they class that as anti material rifle where as the lapua was purpose built to be a long range sniper cartrdige. i havent fired one as off yet just heard many things, but i do beleive that you wont shoot it long without the muzzlebrake 300gr bullet and 100gr powder charge in a rifle not much heavier than your standard 308.

liam

it states harrasing fire at 1100m but i have read that it is accurate easily out too 1500m. theres a video 3 shot group inside 3 inches at 1600m i think.

liam

[/quote

.308 standard sniper round max effective range 800yds. Lapua .338 long range max effective 1400yds. .50 BMG usually anti-materiel but a sniper in Afghanistan picked off a Taliban RPG man at 2657 yds :shok::shok::shok:

Ric