advice on which Air Rifle to use

Hi

I am a new member and wondered if anyone had any advice for me.

I am looking to start pigeon shooting, I live in the country and I have seen the amount of pigeons here increasing.

I don't have a lot of money to spend and was wondering what Air rifle to buy to do the job?

.22?

scope?

pellets?

I have around £60 to spend

does anyone know the best place to get on from from in Cambridgeshire area

Many Thanks :thumbs:

u'll have trouble for £60. could recomend more expensive stuff not non that cheap

OK, do you have any help around my other questions, I have seen some second hand for£60-70

the caliber is personal preference, is shoot .22

get a hawke scope, cheap & cheerful but will do the job perfectualy well, i have 1 so i no

get some decent quality pelets, i use airarms which are bout 10-11 quid for 500.

BEst advise is save up another £140 then we will tell you whats the best buy for you ;)

does anyone have anything constructive to post. as a new member I am rather dissapointed in the quality of the responses.

you don't have to a brain surgeon to know that spending 10 times more than you need to will get the best.

what I was after was useful information around starting up.

BEst advise is save up another £140 then we will tell you whats the best buy for you ;)

does anyone have anything constructive to post. as a new member I am rather dissapointed in the quality of the responses.

you don't have to a brain surgeon to know that spending 10 times more than you need to will get the best.

what do you want us to say

yes £60 is pklenty for an air rifle :(

for £60 you would get a load of crap not capable of shooting the floor let alone live animals

try using a catapault if ur that skint

or stand in the field like a scarecrow

is that a constuctive enough post for you :D

Hi

I am a new member and wondered if anyone had any advice for me.

I am looking to start pigeon shooting, I live in the country and I have seen the amount of pigeons here increasing.

I don't have a lot of money to spend and was wondering what Air rifle to buy to do the job?

.22?

scope?

pellets?

I have around £60 to spend

does anyone know the best place to get on from from in Cambridgeshire area

Many Thanks :thumbs:

my son youes a b2 that i broght for £40 fron this place solware .co.uk

Ok, you want advice, then listen to the people that know,

You talk about spending £60 on a rifle set up capable of killing pigeons,

People tell you you can't do it for that, so then you insult them by saying you "you don't have to a brain surgeon to know that spending 10 times more than you need to will get the best."

Well thats where you are out of touch, £600 won't buy you the best, it will however buy you something capable of doing what you want, having said that, you can start off considerably cheaper, but as Buster correctly advised you,you need more than your current budget.

If you still insist on doing it for £60

Then my advice would be

Buy Whatever Rifle you can find for that price, sneak up to about 3ft away from said quarry and give it a bloody good thump round the head with the butt end. :laugh:

That should see a humane kill takes place. ;)

u'll have trouble for £60. could recomend more expensive stuff not non that cheap

OK, do you have any help around my other questions, I have seen some second hand for£60-70

Do you have any more info you could tell us on the guns you have seen at this price ?

Also some friendly advice below for you to consider..

Do you have permision to shoot on the land for the woodies you have seen ?

Will you be getting any insurance ?

How good a shot are you, cause pigeons are a hard quarry for a beginger to shoot ? And when you are good you can expect small numbers but still get a buzz from it..

You will get the best advice from everybody on this forum who Know there stuff, will share there experience with you, and have total respect for the sport and there quarry.. They havn't gone out and bought a gun because they have seen some woodies in a field for the sake of it..

• 2 weeks later...

A new SMK19 will cost about £100. A second-hand one may be within your budget. I've had one for about six months and have had great fun going from a complete novice to a reasonable shot. There are far better guns available, but for the price SMK are extremely good. Adding a scope improved my accuracy and cost about another £40.