Hunting Boar in England

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry mate but you will not get far on this website talking like that. A little bit of politeness costs nothing, so buck your ideas up and start being polite. There is no excuse for talking to others in that aggressie tone, i'm only 14 (nearly 15) and i talk with a bit of respect. So if i can, i'm sure you can too.

Guest alastair

with out be rude mate ,you got no chance these farmers keep the shooting of boar very secret its a money thing,they sell for a fortune,we got them around us and just getting them to admit they got them on thier land is hard enough,ive tried for years!

Peasmarsh is not availible for hunting on. Any real and useful answers appreciated

If you have not got a useful answer, please do no post.

Thank you.

Hmm.. I can understand not being able to hunt with a rifle... and a spear is absolutely out of the question.

Meh, I'll stick to foxes, rats and pigeons.

another jerk off has bolted from the cover

What exactly do you mean?

If you are trying to insult me, then your words turn on yourself.

You sound like a nice guy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Children-children lets get back to being civil please.

Peasmarsh is a village just of Romney Marsh and the main boar escape happened there in the 1987 storm (but children would have no recollection of that event) so Mr Paul Mcartny or however it"s spelt had a farm there (maybe still does) and a late wife who was anti bloodsports so they never allowed shooting on their land.

It"s a free country but the pigs rest in there and forage out into surrounding farmlands of their neighbors, so I have heard and eat the other poor farmers crops. I heard it was already driving them to distraction when I lived nearby in Biddenden in 1988.

But I got no sniff of a hunt possibility so I let them stew in their own juices.

Thats my take on the situation down there.

Regards

Bavarianbrit

• 1 month later...
Children-children lets get back to being civil please.

Peasmarsh is a village just of Romney Marsh and the main boar escape happened there in the 1987 storm (but children would have no recollection of that event) so Mr Paul Mcartny or however it"s spelt had a farm there (maybe still does) and a late wife who was anti bloodsports so they never allowed shooting on their land.

It"s a free country but the pigs rest in there and forage out into surrounding farmlands of their neighbors, so I have heard and eat the other poor farmers crops. I heard it was already driving them to distraction when I lived nearby in Biddenden in 1988.

But I got no sniff of a hunt possibility so I let them stew in their own juices.

Thats my take on the situation down there.

Regards

Bavarianbrit

A good mate of mine works on an estate in Wittersham,Kent - it borders onto Peasmarsh,E.Sussex and McCartneys land, he's seen 3 adult boar get up and bolt during the day on the arable fields down there....

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I would like to knwo if there is a place where I can hunt wild boar with my dad in england. I have heard Dorset, which is great because I live there, but no signs have actually come from there.

I do not have a dog, primarily because I keep chickens, cats, a hamster and a ferret, as well as aviary birds, and as i've had experiances with my murderous next-door neighbours dogs, that it wouldn't be good to have one. I also dislike them for personal reasons.

So, any good answers would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time. ;)

As you are too young to have a rifle, look at http://boardogs.com/ for a few tips on using dogs, but no more than 2 at a time, remember.

Edited by rjimmer