Applying For A Shotgun License With Convictions

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just be honest mate and you stand a good chance.if you dont it all comes out and then they are just a nitemare with you.happened to my dads mate.he hadnt had a conviction since he was 18 and he was like in his 40's but they dragged it all up and said you definitly woant be having one now.best of luck.

it was 2 years ago that it happend

might not be long enough mate, but phone em first and ask.

My local FEO says convictions are "spent" after 5 years regarding SG applications, unles it's a "SERIOUS" offence. (Whatever categorie that includes!) HTH. Cheers, D.

Hi dytkos,was told that to but the fact is they are never "spent"

If they look and can't find anything on you they will go right back,so if someone think's oh! that happened 10 years ago

i won't declare it,it will go against you,atb NID.

in as far as the law goes any conviction you have received is taken into account and its down to the enquiry officer to make his recomedation to the dcc of your local costabulary.

ive only ever had one conviction and that was for vandalism in 1999 i was an acssessory after the fact,

now i have put in for my sgc 3 times all to no avail the third was after speaking to basc who assured me if i was given a reffusal they would back me in an appeal as the faeo had never given me the 2 satisfactory reasons for reffusal on my previous apps.(they are requied by law to gve 2 good reasons as to why you dont get it)

low and behold i got my 3rd knock back and when i contacted basc to let them know i got stonewalled and told they wouldnt be appealing my case as there was no point in law to be made.

all you can do mate is be as open and honest as possible and see what happens.

OH and just a point to note you DONOT have to have a permmision in order to hold an sgc,

good luck mate and i hope you get it.

now i have put in for my sgc 3 times all to no avail the third was after speaking to basc who assured me if i was given a reffusal they would back me in an appeal as the faeo had never given me the 2 satisfactory reasons for reffusal on my previous apps.(they are requied by law to gve 2 good reasons as to why you dont get it)

low and behold i got my 3rd knock back and when i contacted basc to let them know i got stonewalled and told they wouldnt be appealing my case as there was no point in law to be made.

Yep plummer1 that sounds just like BASC,atb NID.

Yep plummer1 that sounds just like BASC,atb NID.

yeah i used to think they were an ok bunch nid but i dont think there to interested in the avarage joe, they preffer to wine and dine the upper echlons with there dinner parties etc,

after my last encounter i lost all faith in them,

as for my sgc well theres no point in flogging a dead horse and i still enjoy my sport in all the other forms, ie ferreting and my terriers.

Oh no not another thread where Noel gets the chance to tell everyone how much of a naughty boy he's been. Fighting every 2 mins, being sent to prison........YAWN.

your just a PENIS LAD he wants surport from others who were in the same boat if you have nothing to offer him go play with your toy's

Had a criminal damage conviction over 20 odd years ago did not mention it, when the firearms officer came round he told me every detail about it and told me nothing is spent concerning firearms my advice be honest and you should be ok i got mine no problem by the way .

Edited by FLATTOP
Oh no not another thread where Noel gets the chance to tell everyone how much of a naughty boy he's been. Fighting every 2 mins, being sent to prison........YAWN.

your just a PENIS LAD he wants surport from others who were in the same boat if you have nothing to offer him go play with your toy's

Ha ha. He doesn't need my support he just need's to put in for his cert and see how he goes. On the other hand i'm sure you search out this question on all forums so you can revel in telling everyone how many fights you've had and what a troublesome character you are, laughable really.

Ha ha. He doesn't need my support he just need's to put in for his cert and see how he goes. On the other hand i'm sure you search out this question on all forums so you can revel in telling everyone how many fights you've had and what a troublesome character you are, laughable really.

you are such a knob boy picking fights on internet i search forums lol lol lol if i am on a site and someone looks for advise i give it and not the shite you come out with . i havent once mentioned my fisty cuff day's you must know me you balloon .

you are such a knob boy picking fights on internet i search forums lol lol lol if i am on a site and someone looks for advise i give it and not the shite you come out with . i havent once mentioned my fisty cuff day's you must know me you balloon .

Whose picking a fight im pointing out the FACT that when this question is asked you always feel the need to tell everybody about your past. I doubt your application was knocked back because of your history. It was more than likely your FEO realised(as have I) that your a complete bellend. Anyway enough on the matter i've said my piece, I bid you farewell.