Applying For A Shotgun License With Convictions

Basically I'm applying for my shotgun certificate and I have a conviction for car theft (Taking Without Owners Consent).

Now, I'm not a car thief what so ever, what happened was I took my girlfriends car a few years ago on Christmas day to take my cousin for some cigs at a petrol station, crashed the car etc and the rest is history. I wouldn't even know how to gain entry to a car without the keys. Big mistake but it happened.

It does mention on the form that 'If you wish to provide any information further to the questions below separately to this form, you must sign and date that information.'

Now would it be a good idea to explain that I'm not a 'twocer' and it was a mistake from years past?

Also, has anyone on here been knocked back or been successful with convictions?

Thanks

Lee

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, it's just the whole 'theft' thing, if i wrote maybe they'd take it into account that I didn't really steal a car. also, will they already know this? i wonder exactly how much information is stored on the police computers.

anyone else had any experience, maybe even a police officer who comes on here?

OK, it's just the whole 'theft' thing, if i wrote maybe they'd take it into account that I didn't really steal a car. also, will they already know this? i wonder exactly how much information is stored on the police computers.

anyone else had any experience, maybe even a police officer who comes on here?

hi bud i have plenty convictions the last one was 18 year back i have my sgc now, just be honest with them you'll be OK cheers.

Guest rodsmith

you will be fine.i no of a registered heroin addict that has a ticket.i got an ABH AND assault charges,still got my tickets although i did get into a scuffle a few mths back and got nicked for it.since that,i got a letter saying any more trouble,i could loose my guns.you'll get the ticket,duobt a firearms though and yes,if not,you get your money back! 8)

ive always wonderd about convictions ect , i thought it would be more of the ( danger to the public) i.e GBH/ABA/COMMEN ASAULT/CARRYING OFFENSIVE WEOPONS ect that would be the problem , but what about driving offences such as driving without insurance ect , i know there all convictions as such , but are they more ( leniant) on certain convictions , are is it purely just down to YOUR FAO.

ive always wonderd about convictions ect , i thought it would be more of the ( danger to the public) i.e GBH/ABA/COMMEN ASAULT/CARRYING OFFENSIVE WEOPONS ect that would be the problem , but what about driving offences such as driving without insurance ect , i know there all convictions as such , but are they more ( leniant) on certain convictions , are is it purely just down to YOUR FAO.

each applicant is different, each area is different.

time past is a lot to do with it.

the only way is to apply and see what they say.

it was 2 years ago that it happend

might not be long enough mate, but phone em first and ask.

My local FEO says convictions are "spent" after 5 years regarding SG applications, unles it's a "SERIOUS" offence. (Whatever categorie that includes!) HTH. Cheers, D.

i had a bit of a wild child youth plenty convictions.i served as a hunt terrierman and pickt up quite a few more .but it was 16yrs ago. but when i applied i was knockt back and has to appeal to crown court won my case now hold 22 rimmi 17hmr 222cf 243 12g now 3yrs since i got my first shotti .and i have done a few ? sentence's to. you wont know till you try the license does keep you in line as you will only get 1 chance when its gone its gone .noel