AIREDALE TERRIERS COULD BE ON THE WAY!

Edited to add: this won't now take place as the import cost for the guys in Oz was too high: crazy money working out at over £2000 just for the flights, not to mention 1300 Oz dollars for 30 days quarantine plus all the vacss and blood tests etc.

A real shame and there just aren't enough people to warrant a mating at this time in the UK: maybe next year if the interest is there.

Sorry to dissapoint you who were hoping to get a pup but Ian wouldn't breed unless at least 6 pups were spoken for: so its right, there is a very limited market but we'll see, as I'm sure they'd make great rough shooters' dogs as well as vermin dogs.

Once again apologies to the people who wanted one.

Edited by skycat

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could the people who were interested in getting a Redline Airedale pup please contact me as the bitch has come into season, but the breeder won't go ahead with the mating unless there are at least 6 pups booked. I know I've been speaking to some of you recently, but could you please all contact me again just to confirm that you still want a pup.

Many thanks

Skycat

this site is getting more like e-bay.

Buy one get one free

I suppose the good thing is that the breeder is showing responsibility by making sure there are waiting homes for pups before breeding, that can only be a good thing surely? A lot of people breed and then think about where the pups are going afterwards, thats why theres so many ads for lurcher pups aged 9/10 weeks plus with the owners plugging and bumping them every 10 secs and the ad usually ends up saying "free to good home" by the time theyre 4 months old.

The reason I've put this up on the forum is that I've lost some bits of paper with peoples contact details on them! :doh: For those people who are seriously interested in getting one of these dogs: you already know the details: for the person who made a reference to ebay and buy one get one free......... you have NO idea what you are talking about. Anyone who knows the breeder knows the truth and I'm not about to give full and private details on an open forum about how, when or why these pups are to be bred and sent out to their new owners.

People often say they are interested in getting such and such a pup, but when it comes down to the wire some of them vanish like morning mist. I know there's no guarantee that every person putting their name down for a pup won't change their minds at the last minute, but at least if they contact me privately and say they do want one then that is a step in the right direction.

Please: no more stupid comments from those who aren't in the know.

skycat, lets call a spade a spade............even the breeder of the airedale terriers knows theres not a market there for the pups why else would he make such a comment........airedales......kerry blues........glens.......bedlingtons are wish full thinking type of dogs in the country....
hey p***y depends on what your hunting they are great for what i want tried those little game terriers pats they just cant do it againest a boar

The line of airedales being bred are from boar bear lion anything with fur on hunting lines. Probably wasting my time typing this as the blinkers will probably remain on.

Ive been looking into getting a dog from where the breeder is to over here, a bit costly but do able, and with the help of an airedale on the sharp end of the pigs it'll be worth it.

i know the fella that breeds these, and the dog that he was using (his own) was spot on, i know at one time he lived in canada, seen pics of what he hunted there, coyotes, fox, puma , not sure what he does now, but they were all from working stuff.

So true Noisey! And I shall put up some pics of my Airedale working: those that I can put up that is! I meant to take her out beating on the shoot last year but I got EColi in my bloodstream and missed most of the shooting season :(:angry:

Her attitude to feathered game is totally different to fur: but she's soft mouthed on the rabbits she catches: and no, she's not fast enough to catch a running adult rabbit, but she's had a few young ones and adults she's goal keepered when they've been running at her: usually after a lurcher has turned them and she's coming up behind LOL.

Feather she points, then flushes or grabs very gently if it doesn't move: she even retreived a young crow to me the other week.

Foxes which have been flushed, shot and injured she treats in a very different manner: nuff said.

So true Noisey! And I shall put up some pics of my Airedale working: those that I can put up that is! I meant to take her out beating on the shoot last year but I got EColi in my bloodstream and missed most of the shooting season :(:angry:

Her attitude to feathered game is totally different to fur: but she's soft mouthed on the rabbits she catches: and no, she's not fast enough to catch a running adult rabbit, but she's had a few young ones and adults she's goal keepered when they've been running at her: usually after a lurcher has turned them and she's coming up behind LOL.

Feather she points, then flushes or grabs very gently if it doesn't move: she even retreived a young crow to me the other week.

Foxes which have been flushed, shot and injured she treats in a very different manner: nuff said.

best of luck with the pups skycat :clapper: your breeding your own dogs and i take my hat off.take no notice of the negative comments.all the best!

JUST WONDERING. AS THE BREEDER HAS WHAT 3 OR 4 AIRDALES,AND PRESUMING HE DOSNT NEED 4TH 5TH OR 6TH TO CHASE A PHEASANT, THEN HE MUST EITHER BE BREEDING THEM FOR MONEY , OR SOMEONES TRYING TO START A NEW TREND. p.s sky cat glad your sickness didnt stop you writing your weekly colum in countrymans. Look forward to your "you dont understand" reply.

Edited by weasle