Stags out of season ???

im sorry but the reason for shooting deer o0ut of season is not cause there infested with tick its because most estates need there numbers

and dont do it in the season because theve to shoot so many thats why they shoot out of season dont get tme wrong some p-eople have valid reasons for it but watts the point in having a stag and hind season if they cant do it in that time ;)

Hi donza11 roebuck220 is correct & i know fact iv been there done it but i also used to work where we managed the deer. There is a big problem with groups of stags comming of the hill/forestry & comming into grass & siliage & do damage & when you have 100+ stags in & farmers moaning they need shot. My mate up north had 200-300 stags comming into a field of tates & pulling up the tates in july but couldent shoot them due to some red tape/politics.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

roebuck

well i know a good few hoo shoot out of season for numbers and thats out of experience my friend and shooting deer at niight with a lamp to increse numbers to yes deer ar very well known as vermin but it does go on and i know it shouldent but it does ithink its bloody daft that these estates do it but what can they do if there shooting an average of 5-600 stags and 400 hinds its just a sloughter and its not [bANNED TEXT]

v-max

thats ok i agree with farmers and the likes of that its a shame with all of the politics side of the deer commision aswell i dident mean to start a big up roar i just meant on estates thats all because theres alot goes on there about shooting deer out of season just to get numbers thats all and when there doing that there shooting anythin from young stags and desent stags that is not what the job entails youve to keepthe population of deer down but in a professional way with picking of all the rubbish but if uve to shoot mass numbers its a shame