Uk's Fastest Greyhound.

Does anyone know whats the fastest Greyhound in the UK is at the moment or in the past few years? ( May seem a silly question as I think there getting faster, but..) Or which Greyhound (Dog or Bitch) is producing the Fastest? ie around 500+. Sorry if anyone thinks this is in any way a daft question. And no silly coments please as no-one wants to hear them. Cheers MRD.

gonna be a hard one to call mrd some fast dogs around i`ve been watching a few but times have dropped was watching a dog up sheffield 5 wins outta 5 fast times now hes returning slower times 3rds and 4ths maybe he`s being held up ? ..

gonna be a hard one to call mrd some fast dogs around i`ve been watching a few but times have dropped was watching a dog up sheffield 5 wins outta 5 fast times now hes returning slower times 3rds and 4ths maybe he`s being held up ? ..

Well Stig I used to race a dog years ago (more of a family dog/hobby) but been out of the game a while. A few good people I know thats been in the game years have given up saying "it's not way it used to be"?

i was walking a dog out a few week ago for a trainer mate fine dog feisty all week looked well up for it you know how they do - i had a wager on him even my mate said keep your money safe he`s no chance :hmm: and he went in @ 9/2 trainer not even having faith in his own dog ? money mate get em in train em race em keep the owners happy thrs always next week - i avoid some tracks on certain nights pissed up stag and hen night dos - but without em tracks would close catch 22 .. enjoy what you can out of it while you can could all be gone in the next 10 yr .. :hmm:

Well Stig I used to race a dog years ago (more of a family dog/hobby) but been out of the game a while. A few good people I know thats been in the game years have given up saying "it's not way it used to be"?

Its still has good now as it was then,ive just got back in from racing tonight on the flapping track over the north east i enjoyed every minute,couldnt honestly say wich is the best dog around at the minute imo theres that many just to pick one,i like a few over different distances,the best line imo is the farloe dingle bitch she doesnt seem to throw a bad one,now bitches out of her are throwing them now,farloe reason,ninja jamie,fear zafonic,hondo dingle,farloe oyster just to name a few everyone open class

Edited by pack of dogs

IMO the flapping scene seems to be making a come back,youve got 3 tracks over the north east all seem to be running well,one of thems just got new owners and its definetly on the up,youve got Ary in scotland just had a new hare put in that to seems to be taking of,corbewood started trialing so thats another good sign and elmsmere port reopened and with the tracks thats already open its going well at the minute and seems to be getting more and more support all the time

i was walking a dog out a few week ago for a trainer mate fine dog feisty all week looked well up for it you know how they do - i had a wager on him even my mate said keep your money safe he`s no chance :hmm: and he went in @ 9/2 trainer not even having faith in his own dog ? money mate get em in train em race em keep the owners happy thrs always next week - i avoid some tracks on certain nights pissed up stag and hen night dos - but without em tracks would close catch 22 .. enjoy what you can out of it while you can could all be gone in the next 10 yr .. :hmm:

Cant ever see greyhound racing going under altogether, admittadly these are lean times as they are for everything, the bookmaker owned tracks are doing very well as they have bags contracts. Other doggy folk tracks are suffering as peoples leisure activities have changed ie Tv, Video, Cinema, Gym Membership, Internet, Pc,s, I Pods, ect ect ect . Years ago whole families went racing to pass the night away and they usually owned a dog or two, now most families both parents have to work to keep up with the Jonses in this must have society leaving no time for owt never mind training dogs, maybe this credit crunch in a perverse kind of way will make folk realise whats important in life and its not both parents working 50 odd hrs per week each leaving no time for their kids ect.No wonder they are so off the rails. Get to your locol flap or GBGB track you might enjoy it :yes:

could`nt agree more took my kids every week and now thr older they still go bit of a family get together for us we dont arrange it just know wer gonna be thr ..

Cant ever see greyhound racing going under altogether, admittadly these are lean times as they are for everything, the bookmaker owned tracks are doing very well as they have bags contracts. Other doggy folk tracks are suffering as peoples leisure activities have changed ie Tv, Video, Cinema, Gym Membership, Internet, Pc,s, I Pods, ect ect ect . Years ago whole families went racing to pass the night away and they usually owned a dog or two, now most families both parents have to work to keep up with the Jonses in this must have society leaving no time for owt never mind training dogs, maybe this credit crunch in a perverse kind of way will make folk realise whats important in life and its not both parents working 50 odd hrs per week each leaving no time for their kids ect.No wonder they are so off the rails. Get to your locol flap or GBGB track you might enjoy it :yes:

could`nt agree more took my kids every week and now thr older they still go bit of a family get together for us we dont arrange it just know wer gonna be thr ..

been brought up racing greyhounds its a family thing my dad used to be an unattached trainer my auntie trains on sunderland my cousins husband on newcastle and im currently waiting for my license to come through then ill be training on pelaw

hi fear zafonic for me the fast thing that seen latey it did not get out last saturday night at wimdledon in the 2nd round of the derby hope charly lister gets it right next saturday night i will be there

That heat your on about mate its as good as any final,listers got 3 in that heat
yes mate it was a good run ballymac ruso hit the boxs and away farloe reason 2nd and fear zafonic 3rd its going to be a good semi saturday night my own dog lord karl was nock out last saturday night by a head still thats raceing mate
  • 5 weeks later...