South Arkansas Hog Bayed In Creek

Guest OVT

hey guys, hope you don't mind an ole south arkansas boy getting on here and talking a little hog hunting with you. we use several different breed of dogs to bay hog here in the south united states, i have a registered kemmer mt cur which is the white dog in the pic on the logs,, the other dogs in the pic are mixed cur dogs.. one is a black mouth cur mixed and the one with the long tail is a treeing walker mixed with a cur dog... this is a nice sow we got bayed up here and we ended up catching her and turning her loose... thanks for lookin. Good Huntin, Todd Hickman

big pig that mate.is is some sort of ferral saddle back

bullsmilk years and years ago over here in the southern usa where i live the people had ferral hogs running loose on there land and over time as years past these hogs started getting out in the wild and was being breed by wild hogs, you will have a little mixture in the hogs down here now, they are all wild hogs now. some are russian hogs and some are ferral with russian mixed in with them... with the timber companies cutting all the timber down here it produces real bad briar thickets in a few years, these hogs find these thickets next to creek bottoms and they reproduce at a rapid rate so in a lot of places we have real good spots to go hog hunting with our dogs.... and alot of times you will bay a hog up that has some color on it. good huntin, Todd H

Nice action shot ,got any more?.do any of you boys use plott hounds?.

yes forest of dean there are several of my buddies that hog hunt that use plotts, they really do a good job for them on hog.. Good Huntinl, Todd H

Here is a jagd, a plott, and a black and tan. www.dixielandjagdterriers.com

looking good,, that is a real nice hog... where are you from? Good Huntin, Todd H

Here is a jagd, a plott, and a black and tan. www.dixielandjagdterriers.com

looking good,, that is a real nice hog... where are you from? Good Huntin, Todd H

I live in Alabama. Used to live over your way though. I spent several years in Lake Village.