FERRET HUTCHES.

Guest Frank

Guest Frank

Hi, just wondering what you all keep your ferrets in. I am just getting back into ferrets, had them all my life untill 95, time and work got in the way, got out of them. But now have plenty of time. :)

I see this has sort of been coverd before, but that seemed to be ,mainly courts. I will try and have a court in the future, depends on space.

So i would be greatfull to see as many pics of all your ferret hutches ect. :good:

I got the one in the pic below yesterday, from a pet shop, made it ferret proof, its 4 ft long, 1 1/2 feet deep and wide, have not got the ferrets yet, but soon will have.

What do you think?

Cheers

Frank.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest moomin300uk

heres mine.... the larger one in custom made with storage space underneath for Wellies, nets,bedding ect... the smaller hutch is where my hob is living he is last years young yet to work,if things work out this year with him i will snip him to keep the Jill's from becoming pregnant or ill.

Guest Frank
heres mine.... the larger one in custom made with storage space underneath for Wellies, nets,bedding ect... the smaller hutch is where my hob is living he is last years young yet to work,if things work out this year with him i will snip him to keep the Jill's from becoming pregnant or ill.

Top hutches moomin. :good::good:, great looking kennels too, lovely looking wood. How many jills do you keep in the big hutch on the left?

Thanks for posting the Pic. :good:

Frank.

Guest moomin300uk

its empty at the moment like yourself... I am getting two Jill's from Keeps of this forum... your hutch looks good fella bet you paid a bit at the pet shop??? I paid £80 thats cheap its built well it 4.5 ft high 2ft deep 5ft long the man was want over a tone!!!!! but i knocked him down he is turning into a mate he owns a small farm and has giving me some permission and a few bags of wood shavings he also built my kennel... went up last night to shoot some ferret food he chewed my ear off for half an hour got a nice cup off tea no biscuits tho ha ha

Guest Frank
Cage.jpg

Looks good, keep them coming, :good:

Frank.

its empty at the moment like yourself... I am getting two Jill's from Keeps of this forum... your hutch looks good fella bet you paid a bit at the pet shop??? I paid £80 thats cheap its built well it 4.5 ft high 2ft deep 5ft long the man was want over a tone!!!!! but i knocked him down he is turning into a mate he owns a small farm and has giving me some permission and a few bags of wood shavings he also built my kennel... went up last night to shoot some ferret food he chewed my ear off for half an hour got a nice cup off tea no biscuits tho ha ha

Sounds like a great deal, lucky man. :D

I payed 100 euro for my hutch :blink: , typical pet shop prices. :rolleyes: .

I must get talking to a few carpenters. :yes:

Thanks for the info. :good:

Frank.

Hi, just wondering what you all keep your ferrets in. I am just getting back into ferrets, had them all my life untill 95, time and work got in the way, got out of them. But now have plenty of time. :)

I see this has sort of been coverd before, but that seemed to be ,mainly courts. I will try and have a court in the future, depends on space.

So i would be greatfull to see as many pics of all your ferret hutches ect. :good:

I got the one in the pic below yesterday, from a pet shop, made it ferret proof, its 4 ft long, 1 1/2 feet deep and wide, have not got the ferrets yet, but soon will have.

What do you think?

Cheers

Frank.

That will do the job nicely for a couple of ferrets frank imho. :clapper:

Here is a pic of my new hutch i just finished.

8696e178.jpg

Going to put a few pipes out of it into a court when i get a chance to build the court

Guest moomin300uk

Cage.jpg

Looks good, keep them coming, :good:

Frank.

Sounds like a great deal, lucky man. :D

I payed 100 euro for my hutch :blink: , typical pet shop prices. :rolleyes: .

I must get talking to a few carpenters. :yes:

Thanks for the info. :good:

Frank.

I was lucky mate If i never knew the fella i would of been in the same boat as you good knows how much my run would of cost me!!!! yours looks solid tho it wont blow away!!! felt roof as well it will serve you well I also would like a court in the future along with a few other things post when you get your ferrets frank all the best with them.........

very nice set up Rabbit hunter 2006 how many ferrets you got?

Guest Frank

What do you think?

Cheers

Frank.

That will do the job nicely for a couple of ferrets frank imho. :clapper:

Here is a pic of my new hutch i just finished.

8696e178.jpg

Going to put a few pipes out of it into a court when i get a chance to build the court

Thats some set up John. :good::good: Its like a huge house for them, bet they love it.

Thanks for the pic John, talk soon. ;)

Frank.

I was lucky mate If i never knew the fella i would of been in the same boat as you good knows how much my run would of cost me!!!! yours looks solid tho it wont blow away!!! felt roof as well it will serve you well I also would like a court in the future along with a few other things post when you get your ferrets frank all the best with them.........

Thanks moomin. :good: I will put up the pics of the young ferrets as soon as i get them. ;)

Cheers,

Frank.