A good torch for Fieldsports!!

Hi, just a quick one to let people know that Tesco's are doing a 3W LED torch [store code:203-8191] for £12. got one just before xmas and it is great. will be attaching it to my airrifle/rifle. beam is good out to 75 yards possibly more. anyway just thought i would pass this on to anyone who was interested.

hi, will put it on my airrifle tomorrow and post a pic. i got a velcro connector off ebay for a £5 so will try it tomorrow and let you know....

Hi here are some pics....the ebay Item number: 370136689040. If it gets knocked about it may move but it is easy to recenter.

post-26598-1232120524_thumb.jpg

post-26598-1232120549.jpg

post-26598-1232120538.jpg

post-26598-1232120482.jpg

post-26598-1232120494_thumb.jpg

post-26598-1232120506_thumb.jpg

post-26598-1232120515.jpg

the smaller light is a Deben Stinger....a lot smaller than the Tesco's 3W but saying that the tescos torch is still so light i wont notice it. just testing the light output [in our house in daylight] i think the tesco torch is brighter. will wait and see on a dark night to test them fully. i think though that the tescos torch will be on my CZ rimfire and the deben on my air rifle.

hi, will put it on my airrifle tomorrow and post a pic. i got a velcro connector off ebay for a £5 so will try it tomorrow and let you know....

Hi here are some pics....the ebay Item number: 370136689040. If it gets knocked about it may move but it is easy to recenter.

post-26598-1232120524_thumb.jpg

post-26598-1232120549.jpg

post-26598-1232120538.jpg

post-26598-1232120482.jpg

post-26598-1232120494_thumb.jpg

post-26598-1232120506_thumb.jpg

post-26598-1232120515.jpg

the smaller light is a Deben Stinger....a lot smaller than the Tesco's 3W but saying that the tescos torch is still so light i wont notice it. just testing the light output [in our house in daylight] i think the tesco torch is brighter. will wait and see on a dark night to test them fully. i think though that the tescos torch will be on my CZ rimfire and the deben on my air rifle.

Thanks just ordered off ebay, my torch looks the same but is 4w also from tesco

Hi, your torch will be about the same length as my sight. This one is just a 3C torch about 6" long...a real cracker though.

Ill post pics when ive mounted it, I was amazed at how bright it was tho, pretty good really to there from tesco, do you think they will be strong enough to lamp with then?

Here we go: Comparing the mighty Tesco's 3W C C cell £12 torch and the Deben Stinger hunting torch £39-£49

Werther conditions were terriblr really, a hard hitting downpour that didnt look as if it was going to let up. hence the test was conducted just after dark [the sky was not pitch black but was a dark purple/blue shade] cos i wasnt going to wait any longer as it appeared the rain was getting worse.

stood on a fairly dark football pitch, i could just make out the goal post at the other end of the pitch and 50 meters beyond that the changing rooms [painted white] were just visible without any other light.

Tesco's torch: this had a very white focussed light. it lit up the opposite goal posts very well and at that range [apx 100m] the main focussed beam was about 11m wide [the length of the goal], there was some spreading of the light outside this as well but the focussed area was bright. What surprised me was that the changing room behind and to one side another 50m was also well lit up. had there been any bunnies or other animals i would have been able to easily identify them out to this distance as well [apx 150m]. it may have helped that the building was white so anything in front would have been well highlighted. the focussed beam was about the width of this building at this range as well, about 20m.

Deben Stinger: a smaller unit, powered by 2 rechargable rcr123a batteries. straight away i noticed a much yellower beam and although it was also focussed it was no where near as definate a focused beam as the Tescos torch. it lit up the goal posts at 100m but the dispersed light at this range had completely got rid of any focussed beam outline. the changing rooms at 150m were only slightly more defined than without the torch.

on these findings the tescos torch will go on my cz rimfire and the deben on my s200 airrifle. debens was half the size and weight of the tesco torch and it came with its own mount. i also tried the red filter which just about lit up the goal post at 100m but i would say bought the effective range down to between 50-75 yards. the stock switch will also be being used on this.

the tescos torch will be being attached by the velcro mount if found [ebay Item number: 370136689040], although not the most solid mount it will do the job and is really easy to tighten or adjust if needed...oh and its cheap!!

hope this post helps anyone trying to decide between the two, but you cant beat the tescos one for value!!!