Squirrel Trapping

Guest quinny1

Guest quinny1

i am looking to trap some squirrels where i know there are quite a few. What would be the best trap to set to catch/kill them and the best bait? ideally i want something cheap that they arent going to wise up to. All advice appreciated.

Quinny :)

• 2 months later...

i am looking to trap some squirrels where i know there are quite a few. What would be the best trap to set to catch/kill them and the best bait? ideally i want something cheap that they arent going to wise up to. All advice appreciated.

try bodygrips or 4 strand snares on running or leaning poles all the best snareman.

Guest Fishaben

HI,

this is on the other thread but here it is again,

I have a really effective way of catching squirrels alive. Here goes.

If you can find a feeding station where the squirrels feed often and that is still in use, then thats your place. What you need to do now is find a log, big thick branch or a piece of wood that is roughly 9-12ft long. Now you must rest this up against the closest tree to where the squirrels are feeding (because if the squirrels get spooked they will run up the closest tree to where they are feeding) at a 45 degree angle (45 degrees because if the squirrel falls off the log, branch or wood attached to the snare then it may swing and grip the floor or tree if the log, branch or wood is at a wrong angle). Set some squirrel snares on the log, branch or wood, but you must set about 2-4 snares up the log, branch or wood in a zig-zag pattern so that if the squirrel quickly runs up the log, branch or wood it will not miss at least 1 of the snares. You may be thinking that this will kill the squirrel if it is hanging from a log, branch or wood, but squirrels have very strong muscles in their necks which stops them from breaking their necks or from suffercating.

Hope this helps people.

there we go,

Ben