puppies. bull greyhound lab

dam 1st cross bull greyhound.....Niela is top class working on the lamp or in the day. she is brave and keen in all areas of lurcher work

sire drakeshead lab.......Sharneems Black Adder renowned for his strength and size. he is also a pro on the lamp, in the day and on the gun!

Both parents are owned by me and can be seen. my wife shows them both and they are placed everytime, they have never been out of the ribbons so rest assured these pups are top quality.

the pups are 10weeks old and this is their 1st advertisement. They are very sporty looking and will make approx 23/25.

WE ARE BASED IN MID WALES

PRICE £200, NEGOTIOABLE

Edited by labsnlurchers

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: fools ey?

not been funny but what the hell was the point in this breeding??? why not stick to a bullx if she was game enough or a lab bitch if he was that good

ive always said its dogs for jobs

cant expect a bull x to catch hares like a saluki dous ect ect

so i cant see any point in these, they wont have the speed and a decent bull x sire would hae far more gameness than your lab,my guess is its been an accident

ok so they're not for you but the modern working lurcher is not bred for hares yet salukis are still bred so what job for that dog now that hare coursing is illeagal? :whistling: nowadays its about versatility and thats what these pups are genetically determined to be.

anyway i sold 5 out of 9 of these pups to working homes without advertising, just by word of mouth. people who know my dogs are qualified to pass judgement fortunately you are not.

thank you :gunsmilie:

As long as theres people foolish enough to breed them there people foolish enough to buy them........ :icon_eek:

Why not just admit it and be a man amoung men ....... and say the lab got to the bitch instead of that bull hound next to the dam..... tbh the lab looks like an old slob of a thing not in the least athletic..... Roesettes dont get game fella so why should the sire and dam geting a load of rosettes make any difference to the pups being any good in a working home.....

This is just my opinion ....... Not knocking the pups and your dogs just saying why not give them away free to good home and let it upto the folks who take them to work them or not...

the dam looks a cracker for sure......

Could I ask why you bred this cross?..............I can probably see them making a half decent bushing dog but doubt they would would have the legs for anything other than a snatch and grab.

Good on you for shifting 5 already, and perhaps the Dam and sire are exclent in their own respective field of work.......just cant see how this would work.

was this an accidental mating?

good look shifting the rest

sorry i just read the bullx part the parents are both cracking looking dogs although i also find it hard to believe the pups would be of much use for anything other than pets and as for the saluki and the ban on hare the saluki is in a completly diffrent league to both these dogs the saluki will take whatever you put in front of it if traind properly so if all you want to do is take rabbits the saluki will take them where as if you are lucky enough to live in a country without the ban you can take more of a range of quary so dont realy see where the saluki and any ban compare to lab x's i dont doubt that the dogs would be capable for flushing but nothing else in my opinion . when i seen the bitch i expected a decent half cross or the like to follow hence the shock when i seen the lab.

my mistake for not reading properly :duh:

As long as theres people foolish enough to breed them there people foolish enough to buy them........ :icon_eek:

Why not just admit it and be a man amoung men ....... and say the lab got to the bitch instead of that bull hound next to the dam..... tbh the lab looks like an old slob of a thing not in the least athletic..... Roesettes dont get game fella so why should the sire and dam geting a load of rosettes make any difference to the pups being any good in a working home.....

This is just my opinion ....... Not knocking the pups and your dogs just saying why not give them away free to good home and let it upto the folks who take them to work them or not...

I know rosettes dont get game but they are indicative of a well conformed dog, which is important in a working dog as it reduces the risk of injury whilst the dog is working.

The bull x in the photo is her brother so that would have been intresting!

And the pic of the lab was taken after an 8 hour shift on the rats where he works as well as the more conventional ratting dogs!

I will invite you to my house, come out with my dogs and then pass judgment on the potential of these pups......

:laugh: fools ey?

not been funny but what the hell was the point in this breeding??? why not stick to a bullx if she was game enough or a lab bitch if he was that good

ive always said its dogs for jobs

cant expect a bull x to catch hares like a saluki dous ect ect

so i cant see any point in these, they wont have the speed and a decent bull x sire would hae far more gameness than your lab,my guess is its been an accident

ok so they're not for you but the modern working lurcher is not bred for hares yet salukis are still bred so what job for that dog now that hare coursing is illeagal? :whistling: nowadays its about versatility and thats what these pups are genetically determined to be.

anyway i sold 5 out of 9 of these pups to working homes without advertising, just by word of mouth. people who know my dogs are qualified to pass judgement fortunately you are not.

thank you :gunsmilie:

they will be shit,more dogs for the pound,will make bloody useless lurchers unless you want to chase mixi rabbits

You sound quite experienced in chasing mixi rabbits mate?????