Doberman V Mountain Lion.

Go to solution Solved by General lee,

No dog is going to stand a chance against one of these

yeah i would agree with that, a big male cougar can go 90-100kg, combined that with large fangs, and razor sharp 2 inch claws, lightening reactions, and speed i think the dog would be cat food,

• Like 1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be the only person seeing that then. Cat overpowered it easy, chain or no chain. And to think some argue about pitbulls could take even bigger cats.....nonsense..?

" could take " would be a silly presumption to make and im not about to get into a silly win/lose scenario.........but it would be common sense to assume that in a fight with a wild animal a purpose b

You must have watched a different video to me ... That cat had that dog by the throat in seconds and was choking it out ... When the cat let go the dog was staggering all over the place and didn't kno

Doberman looks un harmed to me...hard to see maybe it had a hold of its own...them Dogo's in Argentina are capable of dealing with pumas

You must have watched a different video to me ... That cat had that dog by the throat in seconds and was choking it out ... When the cat let go the dog was staggering all over the place and didn't know where it was ........

• Like 4

A cat is a hunter not a fighter and even if it is capable of killing a pit bull or boerbell it wouldn't because a dog like that wouldn't quit and as soon as the cat realised this and it was taking more punishment than the meal was worth it would show its true colours and quit the fight a cat of any size is still a cat and cats are cowards dogs certain dogs are not

Do pit bulls not quit then and boerboels are just mastiffs not gamedogs
Never said a boerbell was a game dog I know what they are and yes pit bulls can quit but they won't quit before a cat
A cat is not going to willingly fight with a dog but it's not just gunna roll over and let a dog kill it.A dog is going to quit before the cat dies.Yes the cat would probably flee the first chance it got but I don't think it would get killed.
  • Like 1

No dog on earth would kill a tiger ,lion and prob jaguar. A good big dog would stand a chance against the rest imo and a couple or three big dogs would have a very good chance. And no way are lions and tigers scared of a ruck they regular fight to the death tigers especially.all imo of course. I think a pack of dogs are always greater than the sum of their parts so to speak as they are pack animals.

Edited by JDHUNTING

A cat is a hunter not a fighter and even if it is capable of killing a pit bull or boerbell it wouldn't because a dog like that wouldn't quit and as soon as the cat realised this and it was taking more punishment than the meal was worth it would show its true colours and quit the fight a cat of any size is still a cat and cats are cowards dogs certain dogs are not

Do pit bulls not quit then and boerboels are just mastiffs not gamedogs
Never said a boerbell was a game dog I know what they are and yes pit bulls can quit but they won't quit before a cat
A cat is not going to willingly fight with a dog but it's not just gunna roll over and let a dog kill it.A dog is going to quit before the cat dies.Yes the cat would probably flee the first chance it got but I don't think it would get killed.

Never said the dog would kill the puma/mountain lion even thou it has happened I said the cat wouldn't kill a dog like that because it would quit and run from the dog

to say a cat is not a fighter is an understatement really, they can fight like hell, a cat would do more damage than a dog can do, i personally think a cougar would be to strong and it would be over as quick as it started, the difference between a dog and cat is once the dog is on his side/back,that's it game over,but when a cats on his side/back, that's when the damage starts, teeth and front claws holding on and the back claws are ripping the crap out of the body, the dog wouldn't know what had hit him, the cat would be on his throat in a heart beat. over here pit bulls struggle when a decent bob cat grabs hold of them,

• Like 1

Have you ever seen a male lion or tiger in the wild ... They are huge there isn't a dog in the world they couldn't kill in seconds ... If you think a male lion is a coward have a quick you tube of them defending their pride .......

A lion might be huge but we were talking about pumas and on the subject of lions they might defend theyre pride against other lions but when it comes to a meal and a opponent they can't dominate they would give up just as all cats do regardless of size just like honey badgers run off lions and so do people from kills its a confidence thing
  • Like 1
  • Solution

to say a cat is not a fighter is an understatement really, they can fight like hell, a cat would do more damage than a dog can do, i personally think a cougar would be to strong and it would be over as quick as it started, the difference between a dog and cat is once the dog is on his side/back,that's it game over,but when a cats on his side/back, that's when the damage starts, teeth and front claws holding on and the back claws are ripping the crap out of the body, the dog wouldn't know what had hit him, the cat would be on his throat in a heart beat. over here pit bulls struggle when a decent bob cat grabs hold of them,

Saying a dog is finished when he is on his side shows you don't really know what you are talking about and as its all getting abit silly that's all I have to say on the subject
  • Like 2

I think this cats disembowling with their hind legs is a bit of a myth aswell, their hind claws dont retract and as such are no more capable of disembowling than a dogs claws, maybe some scratches and tears.

Have you ever seen a male lion or tiger in the wild ... They are huge there isn't a dog in the world they couldn't kill in seconds ... If you think a male lion is a coward have a quick you tube of them defending their pride .......

A lion might be huge but we were talking about pumas and on the subject of lions they might defend theyre pride against other lions but when it comes to a meal and a opponent they can't dominate they would give up just as all cats do regardless of size just like honey badgers run off lions and so do people from kills its a confidence thing

You said a cat of any size .......

I think this cats disembowling with their hind legs is a bit of a myth aswell, their hind claws dont retract and as such are no more capable of disembowling than a dogs claws, maybe some scratches and tears.

yes mate i didn't mean disemboweling, when i said ripping i was referring to the heavy scratching and tearing, my fault for miss wording it,